Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Adams had been sacked in January we would not be going down

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Slade impressed me last night. The team looked more organised and he seemed to get them up for the game.

The worry I have is that he has not been given anywhere near enough games to turn it round.

In some ways this is probably why the board have gone for a motivator (in Slade) in the short term. There is just not time to start changing tactics and our style of play.

After watching the improvement last night (which by all means was still far from perfect) I can't help but think had Knight admitted his mistake earlier and sacked Adams in January, this club would not be facing relegation to division FOUR.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes agree. In a weird way (and we need as many points as possible I know) but winning at Swindon then the point against Chelters kept him in a job.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Nothing is sure in life, but I believe we'd have had a better chance of Adams had gone at Christmas and the new manager had a chance to bring in players he wanted.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Still and Adams appologist then Ali?

Not atall, but It does annoy me when people ONLY blame Adams for the shit football.

Adams DOES have to take some of the blame but most of the games Ive seen this season its the PLAYERS who have been playing shit and Im sure that Adams didnt include that in his tactics!

And before anyone says that its Adams who picks the players, well what else does he have to choose from?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I didn't realise Adams had tactics...

He could have played people in their proper positions and he did have a whole summer to get the squad he wanted.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Sorry Stato Alert!!!!!

Looking back Adams should have been sacked after the Tranmere game 20/12/2008 at that point we were 21st with 20 points. When he was sacked we were 21st with 28 points, we might have more points but our position is far worse as we are more points a drift from safety. And our home record is now the worst in the league (Only 14 points from a possible 54). Where as are away record is 18 points from a possible 48. So it looks like are away form will have to keep us up and those games are: Walsall, Scunthorpe, MK Dons, Hereford, Colchester and Huddersfield. And guess what they've all beaten us apart from a draw against Hereford, so not looking good at all (1 Point). As for the home games: Yeovil, Tranmere, Swindon, Oldham and Stockport. We managed to get 5 points away, so if history repeats itself we'll get 6 more points until the end of the season, which wouldn't be enough by a long way.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
İbrahim Tatlıses;2846903 said:
Adams should not have been sacked - especially because we didn't have anyone [decent] lined up for the job.

We've got 4 points from a possible 15 since he left. The last 3 losses on the trot have been critical & are what have effectively relegated us.

Very poor from the board, hopefully they have the money to bring us out of this mess next season in League 2.
So you're saying that the point a game (almost) stat since he got sacked is much worse than Adams's record of a point a game (almost) which preceded it (despite him having the entire summer, the January transfer window and a hefty playing budget to have got it right).

Great point you make there. :jester:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
İbrahim Tatlıses;2846922 said:
That wasn't my point Sir.

My point was that sacking a manager at a critical time is plain idiocy. Our fate was undoubtedly cemented in the last 3 games.
The real idiocy was saking Wilkins, then giving Adams far too much time to utterly f*** up the team when it was obvious to everyone that he wasn't up to the job. Just in case you've forgotton, we didn't look any good in more than maybe 4 or 5 games under Adams.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Slade impressed me last night. The team looked more organised and he seemed to get them up for the game.

The worry I have is that he has not been given anywhere near enough games to turn it round.

In some ways this is probably why the board have gone for a motivator (in Slade) in the short term. There is just not time to start changing tactics and our style of play.

After watching the improvement last night (which by all means was still far from perfect) I can't help but think had Knight admitted his mistake earlier and sacked Adams in January, this club would not be facing relegation to division FOUR.

I absolutely agree. Adams should of gone in December, because results were going against him and we were playing atrocious football under him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here