Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Adams had been sacked in January we would not be going down

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
İbrahim Tatlıses;2846922 said:
Our fate was undoubtedly cemented in the last 3 games.

Don't be daft, this is football and nothing is ever certain. There is a good chance that we'll get relegated yes, but our fate hasn't been cemented yet.

Its a funny old game, Saint.

Edited because I actually agree the timing of Adams sacking was idiocy, just not that the last three games have cemented out fate

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not atall, but It does annoy me when people ONLY blame Adams for the shit football.

Adams DOES have to take some of the blame but most of the games Ive seen this season its the PLAYERS who have been playing shit and Im sure that Adams didnt include that in his tactics!

And before anyone says that its Adams who picks the players, well what else does he have to choose from?

Yes but Adams picks WHERE they play and HOW they play. Over a season of such ineptitude in players that we have previously seen to be quality/Championship standard, that blame has to fall squarely on Adams.

The real idiocy was saking Wilkins, then giving Adams far too much time to utterly f*** up the team when it was obvious to everyone that he wasn't up to the job. Just in case you've forgotton, we didn't look any good in more than maybe 4 or 5 games under Adams.

Who knows? Only Knight knows why Wilkins was dismissed, and given there has been no court case over wrongful dismissal, I can only assume that there was good reason for it.

And in Adams' defence we have been top of the table this season :O:lol:

But whether we would have been any better under Wilkins than we were under Adams is a hypothetical irrelevance now.

I completely agree and would add a trip to Wembley in April would be on the cards.

The Board left it too late and the only reason he survived so long was because of who he is and his past Albion history.

DK and the Board now share the responsibility of our plight but at least they have got the right manager for the job even if they have failed to give him enough time to turn the ship around.

This has all been so unnecessary and you can forget about the 'benefit of hindsight' rubbish as it has been evident for months the mess we were getting into. It is probably now a case of too little too late but where there's hope there's life - come on you Seagulls

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Who knows? Only Knight knows why Wilkins was dismissed, and given there has been no court case over wrongful dismissal, I can only assume that there was good reason for it.

Obviously hugely old ground being gone over here but the fact there has been no case for wrongful dismissal does not mean there was a good reason for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here