Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Adams does go...

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
How about a young English manager who can develop the promising local talent seen at this club last season.

Maybe one with strong Albion connections, who was possibly the most talented midfielder ever to grace the stripes.

Possibly a manager who took a young team to the brink of the play offs in this division last season.

But where will we find one of those???

For a minute there I thought you were suggesting getting that bell-end Wilkins back but then I saw the "possibly the most talented midfielder ever to grace the stripes" bit and knew you must have been talking about somebody else.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Dean Saunders please, would also consider Martin Keown or Teddy Sherringham I would love to see a young manager cutting his teeth not some jaded has-been who has enjoyed their success and is just looking for a payday

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Dean Saunders please, would also consider Martin Keown or Teddy Sherringham I would love to see a young manager cutting his teeth not some jaded has-been who has enjoyed their success and is just looking for a payday

Teddy Sheringham is a great shout. A very intelligent footballer that would try and get us to play effective attractive football.

That said, I don't believe we should get rid of Adams at the moment. Let him have the January transfer window to try and sort things out - he's the kind of manager that can attract decent players, lets see who he can get in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How about a young English manager who can develop the promising local talent seen at this club last season.

Maybe one with strong Albion connections, who was possibly the most talented midfielder ever to grace the stripes.

Possibly a manager who took a young team to the brink of the play offs in this division last season.

But where will we find one of those???

Who are you talking about because it most certainly isnt Dean Wilkins who was one of the most hated by the fans, midfielders at Brighton for his powder puff approach that he must not get his hair messed up. So much so that to most he was a laughing stock who on the very odd occassion did something right.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Spot on with Dean Saunders, would be my choice i think

Spent decent amount of time at asst manager level and now doing very very well at Wrexham

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Spot on with Dean Saunders, would be my choice i think

Spent decent amount of time at asst manager level and now doing very very well at Wrexham
But working at Wrexham allows him to continue in his work with the Wales national teams. For that reason it is probably a non starter.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The set up is still the same as it was before.

Wilkins = Adams
Chapman = Booker
White = White

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That role was created to stop Wilkins going to another club and only existed for about 2 months. Before that it was three again, McGhee Booker White.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
All the names mentioned so far have a major drawback, they have not succeeded over a long period, maybe a successful season or two followed by the sack. Perhaps we should be looking to poach a successful manager below us.

How about.............

Garry Wilson from Eastbourne Borough. About 10 years in charge, umpteen trophies, has brought them from NOWHERE and is now establishing them in the conference. Has played in the Scottish League before a bad injury ended his careerand gained a Scotland under 18 cap. A gamble too far????

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
There are lots of managers who would love the chance of running a club with potential once Falmer comes. Don't we always get a load of applications when the managers job is up for grabs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Garry Wilson from Eastbourne Borough. About 10 years in charge, umpteen trophies, has brought them from NOWHERE and is now establishing them in the conference. Has played in the Scottish League before a bad injury ended his careerand gained a Scotland under 18 cap. A gamble too far????

Havent we had enough non league and we cant get rid of the one we still have.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
So that's one 'no' then. Guess it's too much of a gamble, just not impressed with the names suggested so far that's all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here