Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Adams does go...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
point is with Curbishley is that he's still out of work. yes he's out of our league at the moment but as time goes on his star will fall. don't think he could walk into any championship club, didn't see him linked with watford? if he doesn't get a prem club soon he could come onto our radar? won't happen i know but would be nice. ADAMS OUT.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If he was better then us, then why did he consider Huddersfield job? He is also a front runner for the Swindon job, surely if MA goes he will be a front runner for us. It will be a great challenge for him....

Huddersfield at least have a decent ground though - we are in the shite with a losing mentality at least three seasons away from a proper ground. If a young manager wants to come here he is quite simply mad. We would end up with someone like Holloway which wouldn't be an awful lot better than now.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
point is with Curbishley is that he's still out of work. yes he's out of our league at the moment but as time goes on his star will fall. don't think he could walk into any championship club, didn't see him linked with watford? if he doesn't get a prem club soon he could come onto our radar? won't happen i know but would be nice. ADAMS OUT.

Maybe he didn't want the Watford job? He'd have to be seriously desperate to consider us in our current state.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
If Adams got lucky with Zanora and isnt a good manager, then Boothroyd got lucky with King. He's really not that great.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why not Brian Horton ?

Look at his assistant managers record lately.
Because he's getting on, because being an assistant/father figure is not the same as management, because he's settled up north, because he's in a high position at a Premiership club.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Because he is.
Because it is.
Just a guess.
Because he is.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What do you mean? He has probably made most of his money, and is also probably on more than we'd give him.

But it wouldn't be his first managerial role would it? A rookie is different to an experienced older guy who steps into a less full on role.

Albion overseas

Dec 12, 2008
Please, for the love of all things holy, don't bring in that talentless, unfunny joke of a manager Ian Holloway.

I've heard his name banded about already and I honestly can't think of a worse candidate for the job than him. As if we weren't enough of a laughing stock as it is.

Admittedly, there isn't exactly a host of talent on the market at the moment, maybe our best bet is turning to a young and hungry (player?) man to give us the kick up the bollocks we so clearly need.

And Pardew can suck my fat one as well

:wave:

Can we not bring Wilkins back if he has done it before? Leave him to work!!!

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Careful

I think we have to be very, very careful with the next manager we appoint (assuming Micky cannot rediscover his old self, which looks increasingly unlikely).

With the negativity around, any new manager needs to change things quickly and get the team playing good football. Otherwise the crowd will turn on him and we could really spiral downwards out of control. I think this could happen with Boothroyd, as his long ball game will not go down too well here. Ditto for Ian Holloway.

Curbishley would be wonderful but surely that is just a dream. Brian Horton has proven himself but will never come back. My tip would be Lennie Lawrence - proven promotions at this level, good football and a Brighton-born man. However, whoever gets it, please let them bring in their own backroom staff - dont lets saddle them with Dean White.

One final note - I really dont think this season would have been much more successful under Wilkins - I think some people are kidding themselves - a lot of the football was dire last year. Our decline started when McGhee started to lose the plot around that Christmas in our last year in the Championship. Maybe the pressure of trying to succeed with no money and a poor ground and moaning fans really is too much for anyone!

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
If we ever appointed Ian Holloway, this is how it would go. For a couple of months, it would be great. One-liners, rousing press conferences, maybe even some better results, and some dogs-of-war midfielders.

Then it would all go wrong, his tactical ignorance would be exposed, his contrived quips would start getting very irritating rather than funny, and he'd be off interviewing elsewhere at the drop of a hat, given the chance.

It must never happen.

I don't agree....

Holloway would inject some much needed passion into the players, rouse the supporters and, imo, be a good figurehead and media focal point for the club.

Anyone that thinks that any new manager is at the Albion for the rest of their career must have their head in the sand. An Ince type of manager would f*** off quicker than Holloway if the chance came along.

It's not like we havn't employed those type of managers in the past (McGee,Taylor,Coppell) and I would welcome Olly to the club.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If Deano wont come back and who could blame him if he refused, what about Andy Ritchie?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Please, for the love of all things holy, don't bring in that talentless, unfunny joke of a manager Ian Holloway.

I've heard his name banded about already and I honestly can't think of a worse candidate for the job than him. As if we weren't enough of a laughing stock as it is.

Admittedly, there isn't exactly a host of talent on the market at the moment, maybe our best bet is turning to a young and hungry (player?) man to give us the kick up the bollocks we so clearly need.

And Pardew can suck my fat one as well

:wave:

What he said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here