Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a football club's fans behave like these RUDDY students (Merged)

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Not as much as we will by proportion. If the fee rise was inline with what others in society are having to accept via cuts/tax rises etc then the fees would be a touch over four thousand, which many felt would be a fair enough change.

Can I ask if you're being taxed double?

You jumped up little shit! Yes, I AM paying double tax since your grand leader, Grodon Brown Abolished the 10p tax bracket. You students are disgusting and your comment had put the final nail in the coffin for any sympathy I ever felt for your cause.

Do one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Unfair, no, you say so but I don't. I don't have any choice about the tax I pay and although I consider that a lot of that is squandered am I starting a riot ? I accept that things we want cost money and higher education is one of them. Think of education as a commodity and not a God given right. After all, why go to university if you don't wish to better yourself ? To people like me 'bettering myself' requires having money in my pocket so I guess I have different priorities.

Well, I believe everyone should have the right to make the most of themselves. Education is part of this. And I do not see it as a commodity. Education is way to important for it to be classified as such. It has been the root of so much, and will continue to be the root. It is crass to simply classify it in such a manner. It is not a god given right, but it should be a given right in a civilised society surely? Given the amount of total spastics, morons and cretins I have to deal with in every day life a good all round dose of education will be a good shot in the arm for Britain.

And it is sad that you only see bettering yourself as having cash in your pocket. Why not attempt smarten yourself up in all areas?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not as easy as that, though, is it, sadly? The protestors who were charged by horses in the footage I just watched appeared to be peacefully marching. That's bang out of order. The people at the front were f***ed.

Not sure what I would do if charged by massive police horses. Probably wouldn't involve me hurling pool balls and ready made paint bombs mind as if I was a completely innocent protestor I probably wouldn't have them in my pocket...

Lovely pic...

article-1337315-0C6AA08E000005DC-341_634x837.jpg

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
And it is sad that you only see bettering yourself as having cash in your pocket. Why not attempt smarten yourself up in all areas?

Nobody has to pay anything to go to university.

When they're a graduate and are susessfull, thats when they pay, at a rate of 7 pound a month. What the shag has that got to do with haveing cash in your pocket. And they say the Tories are being ideolgoical.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, I believe everyone should have the right to make the most of themselves. Education is part of this. And I do not see it as a commodity. Education is way to important for it to be classified as such. It has been the root of so much, and will continue to be the root. It is crass to simply classify it in such a manner. It is not a god given right, but it should be a given right in a civilised society surely? Given the amount of total spastics, morons and cretins I have to deal with in every day life a good all round dose of education will be a good shot in the arm for Britain.

Education is a benefit to whom ? Some of it is certainly yes but a lot of it isn't of any use to the average individual. To put in terms you can understand I pay for food because I need to eat, I don't want to pay to go to the cinema to watch a film I don't want to see, that's my choice. Eating will keep me alive but missing the film will have no effect on me.

As far as 'smartening myself up in all areas' is concerned is that what you did ? Doesn't appear to have made much difference to you, you're still up your self-righteous self..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nobody has to pay anything to go to university.

When they're a graduate and are susessfull, thats when they pay, at a rate of 7 pound a month. What the shag has that got to do with haveing cash in your pocket. And they say the Tories are being ideolgoical.

? It was a reply to bhaexpress comment about how he sees 'bettering himself' as having cash in his pocket. Please keep up.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I feel sorry for the protesters. Its so sad to see the police thowing fences at them. Shame on you police.

article-1337315-0C6B801B000005DC-227_634x416.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Education is a benefit to whom ? Some of it is certainly yes but a lot of it isn't of any use to the average individual. .

I'm sorry, I've got to quote this again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As far as 'smartening myself up in all areas' is concerned is that what you did ? Doesn't appear to have made much difference to you, you're still up your self-righteous self..

self-righteous self what?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Genius, f***ing genius. You've answered your own question.

And judging by your eloquent response you've proved me right. I suppose that if you'd have bothered to read the whole post you might have grasped the content but clearly you have difficultly with the English language.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
self-righteous self what?

Just for you I was referring to your arse, it;s that place where most people use to defecate but in your case you talk through it. Tell me did you do a degree in the arts ? Where did you learn ventriloquism ?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I went to university and got in debt. Still paying it off. It is not ideal and in spirit I agree with the protestors about how education should be available to all regardless of background or ability to pay.

Both my brother and sister went to higher education. Both got grants. Am I miffed? Of course.

That said, the number of my friends (myself probably included) who couldn't afford it but spunked a load of cash on nice clothes, a games console, shit loads of DVDs, CDs, nights out, gigs, take aways six days a week, mobile phones etc while at uni was huge. If I owe money on student loans it is partly my own making. Students can live far more within their means.

And far too many people are going to study meaningless degrees. I have a friend who is doing a masters at Oxford in the History of the Book. Good on him. The country needs academics etc. Our culture is part of what makes Britain great.

But. Do we need people doing Media Studies et al? If they want to, fine. Good on them. The right to study post 18 should be available to everyone. But the cash has to come from somewhere.

The simple fact is far more people are going to university. Good. But there is only so much money to go round.

Education needs to cut back the same as every other department, and it is not as simple as saying 'make the rich pay'. If you want universal education, it is then right to punish someone because their parents have been successful? There is always going to be a grey area.

An alternative would be to cut funding from pre 16 education. I am not sure anyone would support that.

Students should not have to pay £9,000 a year to go to university. But the rules of suply and demand will make sure they don't. It may mean more people attending local universities, staying at home, going to somewhere not their first choice.

But we are in a recession. The economy is still struggling. Millions are jobless. It just isn't as simple as some are making out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And judging by your eloquent response you've proved me right. I suppose that if you'd have bothered to read the whole post you might have grasped the content but clearly you have difficultly with the English language.

I did read the rest of your post. The last paragraph was a simplistic analogy which I felt was superfluous. It did not add any value to your argument.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Quite. It's the Withdean effect, people sitting on their hands, not wishing to get involved. The majority of protectors need praising for giving a shit. And we should, IMO, be able to empathise. Albion fans mobilised and fought tooth and nail to save this club from the injustice we faced, and students are doing the same, standing up for what they believe. It's a big shame that the marches have been hijacked by troublemakers - imagine if our peaceful direct action against archer and bellotti had been hijacked by hardline troublemakers
I'm sorry but I do find it hard to empathise. The vast majority of our protests were directed straight at the board of the club and we did our utmost to avoid inconveniencing the general public and certainly didn't take it out on the police. Didn't stop us getting attention though, did it? Even though the protests have been hijacked to some extent they have always set out with the intention of disrupting everybody, not just those who are the target of the protests.

Even though I don't agree with them I think the students have a right to protest, but hijack or not where do they have the right to bring town and city centres to a halt all over the place just because they disagree with the actions of a minority of MPs in a democratically elected government? Keep the protest peaceful and outside Westminster and the offending MPs constituency offices and THEN I might have some empathy even if I don't agree with them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just for you I was referring to your arse, it;s that place where most people use to defecate but in your case you talk through it. Tell me did you do a degree in the arts ? Where did you learn ventriloquism ?

Did you? It might explain the slightly surreal edge to your reply. Nope, I did not study arts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I can sort of see where you're coming from with the ventriloquism line....but logically it does not make complete sense does it?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
hopefully that cu nt who pissed on the statue will be first.
this

And notice how a lot of the protesters have covered their faces up? If they are not out to cause trouble and want a peaceful protest then what have they to hide?

They went out tooled up, protected their identity so they didnt get caught on camera, tell me again how the police caused the violence and it was not planned in advance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here