Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a Brighton Player came out as gay

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I wouldn't give a flying rats arse as long as having a sore bottom didn't restrict their running and performance.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
It wouldn't do much for the image of Brighton would it? So I am fairly certain one will not. However, what would be your initial reaction? I am presuming overwhelming support.

I have no interest in who or what the players do in their spare time so long as it is legal and does not affect their performance on the pitch.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
wouldnt really like it as bad enough the stick we get now. If he was a good player then wouldnt really matter

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I would probably be OK with a Brighton player coming out as gay as long as he came out with a top disco toe-tapper as this:

YouTube

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It wouldn't do much for the image of Brighton would it? So I am fairly certain one will not. However, what would be your initial reaction? I am presuming overwhelming support.

Would it really matter. I wouldn't be bothered.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'd be happy for them and proud of the club. That might sound odd but anyone who made that announcement (especially if they'd be the first in the 'modern' English game) would have to feel comfortable enough to know that the supporters wouldn't (for whatever reason) be tossers about it.

Sad that it'd be a big deal really but there we go.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Out of interest, as someone who doesn't follow Rugby, since Gareth Thomas came out has there been any other rugby players who have followed suit? Did it actually change anything?

I don't think it has changed anything in the sporting world.

I thought the program he did was really interesting, especially when he said that the flippant comments and banter type things are offensive.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I wouldn't care in fact I think it would be a good thing for the gay community and our club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here