Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If a Brighton Player came out as gay

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It wouldn't do much for the image of Brighton would it? So I am fairly certain one will not. However, what would be your initial reaction? I am presuming overwhelming support.

I love the bit about "not doing much for the image of brighton". I presume you mean we might get a reputation as a city full of homosexuals? That would be unusual wouldn't it?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Actually it would be a excellent marketing opportunity for the club. Could bring in lots of big $ sponsorship wise due to the exposure said player would bring to the club.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Statistically there probably are one or two. Couldnt care less tho.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Actually it would be a excellent marketing opportunity for the club. Could bring in lots of big $ sponsorship wise due to the exposure said player would bring to the club.

It would be a terrible idea. I've said this before but if the club deliberately marketed itself as THE club to support if you are gay then it would be nigh on impossible to get the wider football community to tackle the problem. And it would definitely make our rivals more homophobic. In Germany St Pauli is THE club to support if you are active in left-wing politics and football. It therefore excludes fans from other political persuasions and also polarises their rival supporters' political views.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Who would care ? I couldn't care less

Exactly wouldn't change view of him, or the club. Doubt it would in many other team's fans eyes either! Sure be some muppets who it would but they're the ones no1 gives a shit about or about their opinions anyway! Bit of light hearted banter we get currently would be just as funny as at present and the line when it could go over the top would stay identical too

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It wouldn't do much for the image of Brighton would it? So I am fairly certain one will not. However, what would be your initial reaction? I am presuming overwhelming support.

You seem to have an unhealthy interest in gay footballers. This is not the first thread you have started, so why do you think this is so important?

Especially when there is a game on and we have just taken the lead.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Similarly, if a Brighton player came out as black, it wouldn't do much for the image of Brighton would it? So I am fairly certain one will not. However, what would be your initial reaction? I am presuming overwhelming support.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It would be a terrible idea. I've said this before but if the club deliberately marketed itself as THE club to support if you are gay then it would be nigh on impossible to get the wider football community to tackle the problem. And it would definitely make our rivals more homophobic. In Germany St Pauli is THE club to support if you are active in left-wing politics and football. It therefore excludes fans from other political persuasions and also polarises their rival supporters' political views.

It's not an idea. It is what it is.

If one of our players declared he was gay we should embrace it. That doesn't mean we market ourselves as a gay club. We won't need to, that will speak for itself in the terms that we area modern, progressive club. If a gay player means some fans feel excluded then the club is better without those kinds of dead shit fans anyway.

We won't miss their piddly amounts of money when the club gets far more $ from business and media exposure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's not an idea. It is what it is.

If one of our players declared he was gay we should embrace it. That doesn't mean we market ourselves as a gay club. We won't need to, that will speak for itself in the terms that we area modern, progressive club. If a gay player means some fans feel excluded then the club is better without those kinds of dead shit fans anyway.

Or go Meh? :shrug:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Or go Meh? :shrug:

Well we as Albion fans would probably go meh because we're used to being associated with gay culture rightly or wrongly. It's old hat to us.

To the wider world it would bring us great exposure and would have a far more positive effect on the club than negative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here