Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for creating an atmosphere on Saturday

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm with BAG on this one. evertone needs to get up and sing, not just H&J Blocks. Apart from wiring the seats in the divide in H Block into the National Grid, I cannot come up with any answer, reasonable or not.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Th Turkish thing is a good analogy.

At Gallatasserai, you cannot hear yourself think with the noise and that is not in a stadium with roofs.

Lets face it, the majority of our crowd is the "sit and watch" brigade and accept what is put in front of them.

You know I try and get people going from my position at the end of the row I sit in but people just start singing one song and then shut up.

ONE QUICK RANT

CAN KRISPIES AND DOVER ETC STOP SINGING THE GAY SONGS PLEASE...ITS NOT FUNNY OR CLEVER AND JUST PISSES PEOPLE OFF WHO END UP NOT SWINGING ANYWAY

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Basically its going to kick off if those stupid gay songs keep on. The bloke in the leopard skin hat is prime culprit

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dover said:
Ok Dave. But if no one swings, we might just have to start!:lolol:

if you want some swinging, your at the wrong place mate

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The best atmosphere is when it just happens and is not planned. One good example was when Grant (Bet Lynch Hat) started The Great Escape with ten mins to go, with other songs being interjected.

The atmosphere was terrific, and an awful lot of H&J had left by then.

Can everyone just make some noise please.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Have absolutly no music apart from Hardcore Punk music and stuff like Marilyn Manson and Slipknot. That should get evertyone going.

Failing that, get all the sing a long disco tracks like YMCA, Agadoo, etc etc

A Karaoke at half time!

I like the idea of celery and loo rolls though

Such a f***ing shame I cant make it on Saturday though! :(

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
the answer is not just singing we have to make as much din as possible using anything we can whistles air horns ect, we need to intimidate our opponents. make them wish they'd never heard of withdean or the mighty albion !

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Soul Finger said:
Nice one Henfield One. Something definitely needs to be done.

We desperately need that 'twelfth man' especially as the other 11 aren't much kop these days!

I always find that a few pints loosen the vocal chords and put me in a better frame of mind for a sing-song.

I think everyone - man, woman and child - should sink 4, 5 or 6 pre-match ales, lagers, whiskies, gins, meths - whatever your tipple - to get them in the mood.

This game is vital. Let's get behind the boys (as Jacko would say) and roar them to safety.

Oh great, Soul Finger. I can't wait for my 4,5,6,7,8 or 9 drinks you are going to buy us. That'll be a first.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Soul Finger said:
I always find that a few pints loosen the vocal chords and put me in a better frame of mind for a sing-song.

I think everyone - man, woman and child - should sink 4, 5 or 6 pre-match ales, lagers, whiskies, gins, meths - whatever your tipple - to get them in the mood.

Good call Mr Finger !

I find the following equation is usually fairly accurate

N=(PxV)+S

Where
N=Noise
P = Pints
V = Volume (of alcohol)
S = Spirits

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
what about a massive pre match supporters kick around in the car park!

Followed by hundreds of beach balls being thrown around inside the ground, at least if we are losing we still get to have a laugh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here