Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I'd like a drum at the Amex

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I wouldn't particularly want one for our games, but it did help last night. For thousands there last night that have never been to a game, and the many thousands of kids, they wouldn't know how to start a song, there would have only been a lot of random clacker bashing (ok, there was that too). The band really helped the atmos I though, and got everyone involved.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
A Band + drum occasionally doing GOSBTS and other famous footy tunes would be fun and increase the atmosphere. Maybe if it was at HT. Prematch build up?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Get that US college football marching band from Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk video in, job done, although they’d be pretty ancient by now. Alternatively invent a clacker/drum in one, a bit like a spork, combine the two, plus maybe a vuvuzela mouthpiece on it too.

Altogether now “Tusk....”

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I don’t know from your username whether you have the opportunity to go regularly, but I would argue there is always an atmosphere but it ranges from extremely loud to underwhelming at best.

It doesn’t always come across on TV, but then I would argue last night didn’t sound too loud either, just a lot of squealing. That said, I’m not denying that it wasn’t a great atmosphere and must have been a different but fantastic experience.

In terms of the best crowds lifting their team, I agree, but interested to know who you think they are, because in my experience with the exception of Leeds, crowds often aren’t dissimilar to ours.

No drum, clackers or anything else for me. We don’t at away games and our fans are excellent

I think it was telling that Everton and Leeds developed loud atmospheres (especially Everton) at the tail end of last season and stayed up. Burney did not and went down.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Dont you think that the 8 goals was the cause of the cracking atmosphere?

Rather than get a drum, let's just score more goals and let the atmosphere take care of itself.

The thing is, when a team is scoring 8 goals you don't NEED an atmosphere. You NEED one when you don't. that is when a good crowd steps up and creates an atmosphere instead for the players, not the other way around.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Get that US college football marching band from Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk video in, job done, although they’d be pretty ancient by now. Alternatively invent a clacker/drum in one, a bit like a spork, combine the two, plus maybe a vuvuzela mouthpiece on it too.

Altogether now “Tusk....”

Get one of these, but you wouldn't want to be sat behind him!

one-man-band03.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Please no clackers or drummers, only tinpot clubs have them, we had a good vibe b Man U and West Ham, so maybe entertaining football and goals is the catalyst. Ask the good Palace fans about their drummer, they hate it and embarrassed. If we had a drummer it would stop me going after 58 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mate, Barnes resigning would stop you going.

:whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally don’t buy into this best crowd lifting their team, if this was so then Leeds would have won more than 4 home games last season.

I agree though when a team generates noise from the crowd, i.e., when pulling a late goal back, that the extra “atmosphere” generated sometimes galvanises the team into action - or maybe it’s just because they have pulled a goal back and fancy their chances and has **** all to do with the noise the crowd is making in reaction to the goal - who knows!

Clearly crowds can be intimidating to opponents, with throat slitting gestures, etc., but I’m not sure I would want The Amex turned into the English equivalent of Nef Stadyumu or similar!

Fair enough….. good use of my own point against me 😂

However, when we played them at 0-1 down, I felt their crowd did make a difference.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
No drum involved in either.

Everton are more fickle than us I would suggest.

Could well be, but they upped their atmosphere when they were playing terribly and helped stop them going down. People were asking for examples of this - this was one from last season: bad performances + atmosphere from fans leading to improved form and staying up.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Could well be, but they upped their atmosphere when they were playing terribly and helped stop them going down. People were asking for examples of this - this was one from last season: bad performances + atmosphere from fans leading to improved form and staying up.

Atmosphere often ramps up when teams are facing down the barrel of relegation.

The atmosphere at the Goldstone was electric after Gritt took over and the club appeared on the brink of extinction.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Wouldn’t it be easier for all of us to ring someone during the game and put them on loud speaker to essentially double our attendance?

N.B

Absolutely no video calls to protect the Premier League copyright

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I agree, I’d love a drum at the Amex, not because I think it will improve the atmosphere, more for the absolute shitfest it would cause on here…….the place would combust with rage !!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All our troubles will be over once it’s confirmed CuCu will be staying and the NSK can lead the North in a rendition of this spicy little number, complete with actions, it’ll blow the roof off the police box with no drum required.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here