Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ibrahimovich/Eto'o weirdness

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Is Zlatan Ibrahimovich really worth Samuel Eto'o + 39m (+Alexander Hleb on a season long loan) which is the deal being reported currently?

It all seems a bit ridiculous to me considering Eto'o was banging them in last year.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Seems crazy for a player that never seems to perform when it really matters. If that's the price of purely domestic success, then the world's gone mad.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
IMO Eto'o is a class above.

Ibrahimovich is a worse version of Berbatov. has the ability, but extremely lazy and Intermittent. Bad move for Barca. I know they want rid of Eto'o/he wants to leave, but bad deal IMO

I'd want the 39m for Eto'o (although he is not worth that much)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think the thing is they're saying Ibrahimovic is worth £50-60m as Barac only wanted £15-20m for Eto as he's only got a year on his contract and has been on the verge of moving for a couple of years now. It's still very good business for Inter

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Ibrahimovic is a great player, but lazy as f*** and with a very debatable attitude. Eto'o and Barcelona haven't seen eye to eye for a while now, but there's no way I'd do this deal if I was Barca. Straight swap, probably yes. But adding on £39m? Crazy.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
can't see ibra fitting in at barca at all. he's an immense player but i think you have to structure play around him. won't get that at barca.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Deal of the century for Inter if it goes through.

Whenever I watch the Champions league or Serie A he's looked like a complete donkey, he has a good scoring record against the lower teams in Serie A but a shit record against the top 5/6, does produce some moments of genuis but he goes missing in the majority of matches.

Eto is far superior to Ibra in every department.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Inter clearly getting the better deal, quite why Barca are parting with so much money is beyond me. Ibrahimovich will get goals because who ever plays up top for them will get goals, but no way is he as good as Eto'o. Gutted the Villa deal didn't come off

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Eto'o is being shifted out of Barca, a swap deal with Valencia involving David Villa would have been a far better deal.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
IMO Eto'o is a class above.

Ibrahimovich is a worse version of Berbatov. has the ability, but extremely lazy and Intermittent. Bad move for Barca. I know they want rid of Eto'o/he wants to leave, but bad deal IMO

I'd want the 39m for Eto'o (although he is not worth that much)

Worse than berbatov? I hope you're joking.

Eto'o has one year left on his contract so is worth f*** all. Barca have to shift him now for anything above 0, which would then make it a good deal.

Anyone would score goals in that Barca team especially someone of his class.Ibrahimovic's attitude won't be a problem otherwise Guardiola wouldn't be paying so much for him.

His scoring record:

1999–2001 Malmö 40 (16)
2001–2004 Ajax 74 (35)
2004–2006 Juventus 70 (23)
2006– Internazionale 88 (57)

Add 21 goals in 56 international caps and that's a phenomenal overall goal to game ratio.

And another thing, f*** knows why Mourinho wants Hleb as part of the deal, he's hopeless.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Eto is far superior to Ibra in every department.

Heading, strength, physique, long range shots, can be a target man (a bonus when playing a "3 pronged attack")... Just a few things Ibrahimovic has that Eto'o does not

In fact, Eto'o may be more of a "poacher" and is quicker (debatable) but what else?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Ibra is great. flicks and tricks and loads of technical stuff that's great to watch. eto is also a class act but completly different sort of player. very direct, very quick, works harder. world class finisher. he's the player that owen thinks he is!

agree about hleb - he's avarage at best. yaya toure... now there's a superb player.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know Ibrahımovıc has the stats, but every tıme I've seen hım ın the CL or for Sweden, he has looked utter TOILET to me. Although 21 ın 56 at Internatıonal level ısn't too shabby eıther.

I must just have seen hıs shıt games :shrug:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I know Ibrahımovıc has the stats, but every tıme I've seen hım ın the CL or for Sweden, he has looked utter TOILET to me. Although 21 ın 56 at Internatıonal level ısn't too shabby eıther.

I must just have seen hıs shıt games :shrug:

how many games have you seen him play? okay he may not always score but he's always classy so it seems strange to say he looked toilet. his technique is superb.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Ibrahimavic is a bad player (not worth £50m mind) but there is now way on earth he would win a race against Eto! In a 100m race he's probably lose by a good 10m!

I don't think it matters about a 100 metre sprint.. On a football pitch I reckon there wouldn't be too much difference between the two in terms of covering the short amount of ground in the final third of the pitch.

If I was a world class centre back I know who I'd rather face. They both have pace and can finish, but Ibrahimovic is well over 6 foot, built, strong, good in the air and can shoot from anywhere.

And Eto'o probably stinks.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I don't think it matters about a 100 metre sprint.. On a football pitch I reckon there wouldn't be too much difference between the two in terms of covering the short amount of ground in the final third of the pitch.

If I was a world class centre back I know who I'd rather face. They both have pace and can finish, but Ibrahimovic is well over 6 foot, built, strong, good in the air and can shoot from anywhere.

And Eto'o probably stinks.

I reckon a race over ANY distance and Eto wins every single time without fail, 10m, 30, 50m, 100m. I'm amazed you think it'd even be close. Just as a matter of interest what's the 'he probably stinks' comment all about, am i missing something?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could it be that Barcelona do not want to be overshadowed by Real in the spending stakes and are trying to prove that they have the same financial clout.

I am sure I once read that Real have their debt written off each season by Santander Bank, so that it actually costs them nothing to buy a player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here