Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Westlake !! Hearing raving things about him in this loan spell ?

Squareball

Mar 17, 2008
We've cheered title winning teams thanks. However, you'll be pleased to hear that we're just not sufficiently tin pot to have our best players decide to toddle off over the hills to the club we despise the most. I must admit, it was f***ing funny when Sir Eric Cantona realised what a noddy outfit you really are and went to one of the many bigger clubs to the west of Leeds. Not that he was alone of course, what with Rio, and almost as hilariously as Cantona, Alan Smith. :D

As for Barca "scraping" a draw at that awful shed of a ground you rent, I bet they must look back at that moment ruefully. You know, what with them finishing in the top 2 year on year and into the Champions League quarters yet again, whilst there's you losing to PLUCKY little Chippenham Village or whoever it was who beat you 2-1 at home last week in division THREE.

You're down here with us, and Vale, and Walsall, and Crewe and even little old Chipstead. All of us as MIGHTY as each other. But only one with a fanbase and board made up entirely of complete TWUNTS. i.e. your thick inbred "5th biggest in yorksher" two bob club. :wave:

yes we are crap now - but oh dear, im so pleased that I donts follow a shit team like you lot. yes a draw at that awful ground - when did you last play barca at ur shed

yes we sold eric as he was shagging a players wife, rio for 30m (how many of ur lot have been worth that) and smithy as it was most cash

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brighton scored 11 goals against European opposition in France a couple of seasons ago.

What is the most recent highlight of yours?

Losing in the playoff final?
Selling the crown jewels at cut price?
Losing 5-1 to Luton?
Selling out to Uncle Ken?
Suffering a double defeat by Super Cheltenham?
A last minute equaliser by relegated Port Vale?
Getting the goldfish off the wage bill?
I think it was probably being bumraped by all the old Chelsea cast offs. Dennis Wise and Ken Bates taking a nice fat slice of the pie from all the local businesses and muggins season ticket holders.

Very pleasing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. yes a draw at that awful ground - when did you last play barca at ur shed

Hope the memory is vivid as you won't be going there again anytime soon, in fact we have as much chance of getting there.

Tin Pot is what you now are...live with it and stop living in the past, it's gone and it ain't coming back.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Squareball, you are from the Leeds area so you support Leeds. We are from the Brighton area so we support Brighton. That's all there is to it. We are who we are and comparisons with other clubs is pointless. You support your club through thick and thin and we support ours.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think its rather sweet that oddball is so excited about playing Barcelona eight years ago. I'm sure the Barca fans remember like it was yesterday as well.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I went to Leeds one. it was terrible. I would though have liked to see my team in European football competitions.

But then I thought about it a bit. What would I prefer - to support a team from Sussex and probably not watch European football.

Or would I rather wear a tracksuit and have sex with fat girls with purple legs and have 56 children by the time i was 21.

So i'll take the small town club in Sussex. And never live in Leeds.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think its rather sweet that oddball is so excited about playing Barcelona eight years ago. I'm sure the Barca fans remember like it was yesterday as well.

I believe the favourite chant at the Camp Nou is " We beat the champions, champions of las Europe, ocho years ago"

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just out of interest, what is it with L***s and all this 'Champions Of Europe' drivel when, so far as I can tell, they've never won the Champions League/European Cup, and have appeared in the final only once, in 1975.

:shrug:

Squareball

Mar 17, 2008
Just out of interest, what is it with L***s and all this 'Champions Of Europe' drivel when, so far as I can tell, they've never won the Champions League/European Cup, and have appeared in the final only once, in 1975.

:shrug:

as you asked is because we were robbed in the final by shocking refereeing

Squareball

Mar 17, 2008
Brighton & Hove Albion's best years are in the future. Leeds United's best years are in the past.

and you will do what? ours may be in the past but its better than nothing - do you really think that one day you will finish above the likes of arsenal?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
as you asked is because we were robbed in the final by shocking refereeing

So basically, you claiming (however jokingly) to be Champions Of Europe based on 'shocking refereeing' would be something akin to the Germans claiming that they were the 1966 World Champions because they were 'robbed' when that Azerbaijani linesman gave our 3rd.

Just to be clear, that chant is a joke on your parts right, you don't actually take it in any way seriously?

Squareball

Mar 17, 2008
Squareball, you are from the Leeds area so you support Leeds. We are from the Brighton area so we support Brighton. That's all there is to it. We are who we are and comparisons with other clubs is pointless. You support your club through thick and thin and we support ours.

good point very well put

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
To me...if we had 15 points taken off we would go ape and want them back....but if leeds were us they would not want us to have the points back...

Leeds will always be a big club but that tosser Risdale is to to blame and to me the support Leeds get is top...getting crowds off over 30,000 in this league...Gary Mac has come in and has got over 40 players on very good wages and has loaned out quite a few....if Westlake is not in his plans then it would make sense for Leeds to let him go for a small fee but could we afford his wages....

I hope that one day we will play leeds at Falmer in the premier league :clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here