Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Huntley.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
For the joys and living experiences he deprived from 2 innocents, it's not easy to disagree with that.
As a culture, we hope that good prevails over evil, therefore it's only for the ultimate good that any person can be shown the depth of their sins and be able to face them, be ashamed and repent. This is the aim of imprisonment, and an underlying ethic in religious teachings when addressing issues of good and evil.
He may have to face fear daily, and see that his own life is all he has - thus he might realise what he so mercilessly took from those little girls.

What is also debatable here, is the faith society may invest in the concept that in death, a man faces the ultimate judgment. Sending him or her to that judgment may be more swift and economical.

The morality of the death penalty is one thing, we all know that is certainly no deterant. I think that if my child had been murdered my first reaction would be to drown the murderer in a cess pit but the fact that I know they will spend a very long time in serious torment would maybe give me more closure. Mind you unless it happens to you I would say you can't really decide.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I saw that Roy Whiting was on the main news tonight for having a photo of his victim(Sarah Payne) in his cell.
Mrs Wig and myself went for a walk this afternoon and past not 100 yards away from where that fu**er took her from.
Huntley,Whiting,Venables,Thomson,Brady ,West,Suttcliffe should all be hanged!

Everyone bangs on about Venables but personally i think what Mary Bell done was worse but she is never mentioned.It cannot be due to it happened years ago becuause it was just before Hindley/Brady murders but yet they are still remembered like it happened yesterday.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I'm a big believer in an eye for an eye. Give me a clip and you'll get one back no messing. These poor girls had no chance to stand up for themselves, no chance to fight back. Huntley may well be mentally ill but with a well known history for preying on young, vunerable girls he deserves no better than what he showed his victims. No remorse, no compassion and no protection.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Everyone bangs on about Venables but personally i think what Mary Bell done was worse but she is never mentioned.It cannot be due to it happened years ago becuause it was just before Hindley/Brady murders but yet they are still remembered like it happened yesterday.

yes she is never mentioned except for perhaps every single time the james bulger murderers come up for discussion. apart from that you are right.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I think the saddest thing is that the girls parents are still, by association, caught up in a cycle of violence and vile behaviour (huntleys cack handed suicide attempts, some dickhead trying to make a name for himself in jail) that on top of the terrible way the lost their daughters, was not of their making.

at 40 years the justice system has for once served the victims relatively well. perhaps having c unt strung up would have given them more closure, who knows, its impossible to say without being them. but for some utter shit bag to dispense my justice for me would not make me happy. you should celebrate justice for the victims only, if they do not want to be part of this world of prison justice, newspaper headlines and f***ing idiots following the story, then its no justice for them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not in favour of the death penalty but that Telegraph article shows how Huntley should have been locked up years before he ever got to Soham.

Secondly, if you reintroduce the death penalty then you get rid of 2 deterrents - a long prison sentence AND the all-consuming threat of violence hanging over the likes of Huntley, Fred West et al.

I'd like to think someone committing a sexual offence gets mandatory counselling and monitored closely. In so many of these cases the perpetrator has a dodgy unbringing and is already well-known the the police.

And how long did it take the police to match Huntley as janitor of the Soham school to the sexual predator with the 10-inch thick police file sitting on their shelf?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I saw that Roy Whiting was on the main news tonight for having a photo of his victim(Sarah Payne) in his cell.
Mrs Wig and myself went for a walk this afternoon and past not 100 yards away from where that fu**er took her from.
Huntley,Whiting,Venables,Thomson,Brady ,West Suttcliffe should all be hanged!

Quite right i f***ing hate people from West Suttcliffe they are all bastards

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
With that rationale why did the guards not just let him die about 6 years ago when he first tried to top himself ?. They want his suffering to continue and to continue to provoke him and abuse him like some sort of Victorian freak show. Surely this is more appropriate than a quick death. If we base the whole prison and justice service on money the whole system will collapse into turmoil.

The prison service has a duty of care towards Huntley and every time someone has a go at one of these "commendable souls!" they end up paying thousands of pounds in compensation. I am sure the guards would welcome his demise but the powers that be make every effort to prevent yet more millions in compensation being paid out. Let him live and suffer I say.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'd quite like to know what makes Huntley tick and what emotions he feels when he thinks about those two young, innocent girls and all of those women he has frightened over the last two decades.

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
I'm a big believer in an eye for an eye. Give me a clip and you'll get one back no messing. These poor girls had no chance to stand up for themselves, no chance to fight back. Huntley may well be mentally ill but with a well known history for preying on young, vunerable girls he deserves no better than what he showed his victims. No remorse, no compassion and no protection.

this.

Lush

Mods' Pet
and just an aside my other half thought she would be clever and say that she could never kill another person under any circumstances until I gave her this senario
driving along a quiet lane you see your granddaughter being sexually assaulted at knife point you happen to have a gun in the glove compartment ......you know the rest.

Which is exactly why James Bulger's mother is the last person you should listen to for a view on Thomson and Venables, whatever 'rights' she thinks she has.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Torture him. Then he'll know what's hit him.

Stab him in both eyes, so he can't see anything. If only, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here