Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They had a disagreement over transfers in the summer, which played a part in our poor start.
How did it play a part? Because your signings didn't come in until after the start?

Feb 14, 2010
Agent Holloway working out better than we could have hoped for. But really a club with only have 12000 paying punters through the gate must find it hard to pay for a squad to maintain a promotion challenge. They have done well to be fair when compared to the true level of a club of that size...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes and the fact Parish refused to sign a player Dougie wanted.
Are you sure it's all parish, do the other owners not have any input? They're fans aren't they, so I'd have thought they would.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Keep up the good work Agent Holloway.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He's an amusing manager and worth listening to his interviews. He was always going to try and get Palace to play football but they suit their customary route one tactic with their current squad and a passing game is harder to install. I'm glad I predicted it happening as the Palace fans at work are nice and quiet

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Thought i'd post a reasonably interesting aside on this. Was talking to an Arsenal fan tonight and he said the reason Arsenal have struggled is because David Dein used to do the deals. So basically Wenger would go, for arguments sake, I Want Hleb, and David Dein would thrash out the deal. right now QPR are doing the same thing. Redknapp has said, I want Crouch and Samba, and Tony Fernandes has been out there doing the hard yards. I think QPR will stay up because they've got someone prepared to put in thse yards and Arsenal will not be top four because they don't have someone who will. A reminder that we're very lucky to have a chairman who doesn't only back us but support us.

Seems Holloway is being treated to the normal fickleness of the Palace faithful tonight on the BBS following their inevitable slump -

"***** has got to go. He's clueless. How on earth did he pick that team. *****'s tactics are hopeless. So negative, too attacking, wrong formation, out of position. Substitute ***** for anyone back to ?Venables except maybe Steve. ***** soon to be Ollie. When will we ever learn."

:lolol::ffsparr::lolol:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I seem to recall one of Blackpool's defenders saying, just after Hollaway left, something to the effect that they never practiced defending - looks like he's up to the same old tricks again!!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
blackpool were on the slide before holloway left.

we can't hide from the fact that we always seem to play them when they are playing well.

the last couple of months have prooved that they are a 2 man team.

just goes to show that form is temporary & class is permanent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here