Holloway on Sky Sports tearing into Rooney and the system
A Rant of epic preportions.

:clap2:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That Rooney is a disgrace
He feels sorry for Fergie
That the Bosman system is absolute crap
What idiot came up with changing the footballing laws to enable Rooney or anyboby else doing it

Superb
My favorite manager after Gus.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
He was my choice for us before we got Slade.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He does speak a fair bit of sense when he reigns in the stand-up comic routines.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That Rooney is a disgrace
He feels sorry for Fergie
That the Bosman system is absolute crap
What idiot came up with changing the footballing laws to enable Rooney or anyboby else doing it

Superb
My favorite manager after Gus.

I like Holloway as well but he's wrong about the Bosman system. It might be unfair but changing the footballing rules was not the work of an idiot - in fact, it would have been idiotic not to change them in the light of European laws (whether you agree with them or not).

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
I like Holloway as well but he's wrong about the Bosman system. It might be unfair but changing the footballing rules was not the work of an idiot - in fact, it would have been idiotic not to change them in the light of European laws (whether you agree with them or not).

I disagree, the Bosman law has given players far too much power and goes a long way in explaining many of the things wrong with football.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Agreed - BUT how come there is still the 'Transfer Window?' - Surely that's as much a restraint of Labour Movement as the original issue with Bosman?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I disagree, the Bosman law has given players far too much power and goes a long way in explaining many of the things wrong with football.

Totally irrelevant. That's not the issue at all - the question is whether football is above the law and I think it would have been commercial suicide for clubs to do so. All that would have happened is that a lot of rich lawyers would have got even richer and the players would still have got too much power.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Just seen this and was about to start a thread. The blokes an absolute genius. Let's be fair he only usually says what everyone else is thinking. In this instance he's spot on. Player power is ruining the game. His house analogy to this was right on the mark

Agreed - BUT how come there is still the 'Transfer Window?' - Surely that's as much a restraint of Labour Movement as the original issue with Bosman?

I'm sure if someone really wanted to they could probably challenge that as well. But let's face it, it's not as if it's particularly strongly marshalled. I remember when Real Madrid signed Ronaldo (the Brazilian one), they'd already submitted their Champions League squad (as it was a couple of days after the window closed) but UEFA buckled and let them change it. And 'Arry's fax machine is always mysteriously broken come 5:55pm on transfer deadline day, and it's at least a day or two until he could possibly get anyone to come round and fix it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Well, as my signature suggests, I'm no lawyer, but I think that there's some leeway given for organisations to have their own rules. You could equally say that some of the rulings on young players are also a restraint on labour movement.

IMO, sooner or later, these will be tested again and football will be in even more of a mess. I think the present regulations are a compromise but I can see someone wanting to bust them. Perhaps even Rooney. I can see him being a pawn in an argument that it's a restraint of trade for him not to move until January.

I really have no idea of the legal implications - that's just guesswork - but I do know that the Bosman ruling set a clear legal precedent that football had to follow.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Top rant and respect to him for his outburst.

These premiership burks have too much time and too much money. It's time salaries where capped and in my opinion no more that £10K a week ( max ) If all teams enforced it players will not have a choice !!! You accept the terms otherwise p*ss off !!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Top rant and respect to him for his outburst.

These premiership burks have too much time and too much money. It's time salaries where capped and in my opinion no more that £10K a week ( max ) If all teams enforced it players will not have a choice !!! You accept the terms otherwise p*ss off !!

and unless it was a global agreement they would piss off causing a load of seperate problems for the state of English football.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just listened to it - fantastic rant.

(BTW, I totally agree with his views on Bosman and the transfer situation which IMO hasn't been good for football but that's not a situation of football's doing, for once UEFA is blameless)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here