Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Thought Holloway was bang out of order. Fergusson came on tele for that press conference with that "little boy lost" attitude (obviously told to do that by his PR dept) and started laying into Rooney....and all because Rooney doesn't want to sign a new contract.

Maybe Rooney thinks he's done all he can at Utd and needs a fresh challenge....it doesn't always revolve around money, although you can guarantee that whatever club he goes to, he'll be super-dooper rich now.

One person we haven't heard from is Rooney himself. He's obviously had a huge gagging order slapped on him to stop the other side of the story being told. Fergie is a very clever man surrounded by very clever people who are superb in the art of bullshit....don't let this fool you.

Sep 1, 2010
I take my hat off to Mr Holloway, he tells it like it is, Players acting like f***ing babies earning £120,000 a week demanding this that and the other, Rooney has cited ambition as his reasons, what a load of shit, he is at Man Utd ffs. f*** em. As much as i want The Albion to do well, i fear going into to premiership will only attract greedy ***** to our club.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I like Hollaway but i'm not sure about this rant, Rooney's not done anything wrong and I doubt Rooney would be at Man U if the Bosman ruling didn't exist, if gave power to the players but also to the biggest and richest clubs

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Did I hear correctly when an agent said Rooney could get up to £300,000 per week?

How long does it take the average worker to earn that ?

It would take me 25 years to earn that much,but I'm sure the genius that is Rooney is worth fifteen million quid a year.And it's £6m in tax,so that's fair enough.If he hasn't got an offshore account,like.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I take my hat off to Mr Holloway, he tells it like it is, Players acting like f***ing babies earning £120,000 a week demanding this that and the other, Rooney has cited ambition as his reasons, what a load of shit, he is at Man Utd ffs.
Players acting like babies? It's Fergie acting like a baby. Rooney wants to go elsewhere, so what if it's for ambition or for money, it's his life. And Fergie earns more than Rooney and all the other players, so it's hardly that the players are spoilt while the manager works hard for a pitance.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I disagree, the Bosman law has given players far too much power and goes a long way in explaining many of the things wrong with football.

I agree with that view. It discourages player loyalty, and opened the door for agents to line their own pockets by de-stabilising players.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
From Mediawatch-Football365
Everybody Loves Ollie
Everyone loves Ian Holloway, don't they? With his kerraaazzee talk and funny voice. Not Mediawatch, who tired of it some time ago.

We were therefore delighted to read (not watch or listen to - especially after he started shouting for no good reason) his latest round of comments on the issue of player contracts and loyalty.

Holloway said: "I've got big problems with the people who are running football. I know the reasons I think the game is in trouble and you cannot have a Bosman ruling they've got at the moment...

"And if he (Wayne Rooney) sees his contract out he's going to be able to walk out of there for nothing. That's the people at the very top of the game's fault."

And that was just the edited version. We've spared you the rest.

Interesting then, that one Dekel Keinan chose to run down his contract at Maccabi Haifa last summer.

Reported The Jerusalem Post in July: 'The 25-year-old Keinan, who has been an integral part of the Haifa defense since the 2006/07 season, refused to renew his contract at the club last season and is expected to move to Europe on a free transfer in the coming weeks.'

And we're sure you all know who Keinan eventually signed for.

In addition, if Mediawatch were Rooney we wouldn't be keen on any lectures from Mr Holloway. This, after all, is the man who proclaimed his love for all things Plymouth and dismissed talk of him leaving for the brighter lights of Leicester as 'poppycock' and 'pathetic', a whopping two days before leaving for the brighter lights of Leicester in 2007.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here