Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
I followed the ALBION home and away for 20 odd years (even serving in the clubhouse at gillingham) but for reasons in the last 5 years i have followes Lewes home and away.On the way home we always tune in to sc radio and laugh at its coverage but today hit a all time low.Ian Harts suckbutting with Claridge had us in fits and a question with i dont expect you to answer that or i will ask you this knowing you are 2 weeks into a 4 week trial made mind numbing radio.His call for lady callers may get some response if he wasnt so patronising and week by week his ive been following Albion for 31 years? so i can be smug gets more and more switch -offabale,am i the only one?

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
LEWES CLIFF said:
I followed the ALBION home and away for 20 odd years (even serving in the clubhouse at gillingham) but for reasons in the last 5 years i have followes Lewes home and away.On the way home we always tune in to sc radio and laugh at its coverage but today hit a all time low.Ian Harts suckbutting with Claridge had us in fits and a question with i dont expect you to answer that or i will ask you this knowing you are 2 weeks into a 4 week trial made mind numbing radio.His call for lady callers may get some response if he wasnt so patronising and week by week his ive been following Albion for 31 years? so i can be smug gets more and more switch -offabale,am i the only one?

No you aren't the only one - but I don't want more PM's from him so I'm keeping quiet! ;)

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
He does ass lick a bit I'll admit, but then he gets a better reaction from whoever he's interviewing at the time. Don't think many people would want to go on his show if he turned round and said things like "you were crap again today, why don't you just do the club a favour and leave"!!!
I think we should remember that he was never trained to be a radio interviewer, it's just something that he has undertaken (no pun intended) for the fans benefit. If we start slagging it off we won't have a phone-in at all!!
I think he does a good job. If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
Agree we all have a choice i just think the programme could be so much better if he lived on the edge now and again.Could not see the point in having Claridge on when to be honest he cant really say anything two weeks into a months trial.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:thumbsup: Harty's ok.

And it was great to hear you make some very balanced comments, Richie - stood out well from the usual gloom, doom, disaster on the phone-in you get when when we lose.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Cheers LI :)

The guy after me completely misunderstood what I said and said something like 'that last caller thought we had drawn' when what I said was that a draw would have been a good result if we end up staying up by a point'.

Basically saying that any point we get is a good one and that if we play attacking we will get ripper to shreads.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I'm sorry, but Harty's really doing my head in atm with his inane ramblings.

Richie, the way he treated you yesterday when you got through was disgusting. You mentioned the £250 in notes that we'd raised, and he dismissed it with a pause and a disparaging "Er" and shoved you onto talking about your thoughts on the game. Didn't give you a chance to talk about the cause at all, when I presume that was the real reason you called in.

Sorry Harty, but that was well out of order. And as for the Rooney or Looney question, come on man, give a shit. It's an Albion phone in, Wrexham are in trouble, Albion are doing a Fans Utd, and you're wasting all that time on Rooney! :angry: :angry: Sort it out!:angry: :angry:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that HARTY is not permitted to say all that he would like to on his phone in and so has to fill in with whoever calls in but in the m,ain is wantingviews on Brighton. The Rooney or Looney was not really serious or time consuming.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
BensGrandad said:
I am sure that HARTY is not permitted to say all that he would like to on his phone in and so has to fill in with whoever calls in but in the m,ain is wantingviews on Brighton. The Rooney or Looney was not really serious or time consuming.

If you tot up every caller being asked the same question, the Rooney Looney thing filled in a lot of time. Richie talked longer on that than he did on the fund-raising. It just pissed me off driving back, cold and wet, with so many people having done such good work, listening to a load of irrelevant bollocks.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Perhaps it was poor judgement yesterday, but it can't be an easy job. Everyone's allowed an off day surely. You can't doubt Harty's commitment to the Albion though.

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
His call for women callers is a joke. He nearly always ends up with some oh granny that's never been to a game who says that she listened to it on the radio and the boys done good. Another thing that winds me up is the usual callers he gets on their when he wants to suck up to the club. The A21 bloke being a good example. Whenever anything dissing the club occurs this bloke seems to get his call on the radio.....funny coincidence that!

I think Harty talks total bollox and they should hand his job over to John Byrne............ someone who knows something about the game.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
London Irish said:
And it was great to hear you make some very balanced comments, Richie - stood out well from the usual gloom, doom, disaster on the phone-in you get when when we lose.
:

thumbsup:

Good work...well done...hopefully you'll get some credit for you efforts (not that thats why your doing it)

wore the badge in the pub last night...got asked what it was all about... have re-educated some prem shite followers..

real footie for the real fans :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here