• Could be better if a funeral director didn't host it

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Quite good, but would be improved with better contributors

Votes: 42 60.9%

• Total voters

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Well it could have been worse having looked at the Tony Millard thread!
Happy New Year, somethings on NSC will never change.

If we didn't have an Albion fan like Harty hosting the phone in, we'd have a piss-poor "local" radio presenter who would be forever asking callers what they thought about Woking.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Leave Harty alone. The blokes got blue and white blood.
He's only as good as the Muppets that ring up.
I won't have a bad word said about him,he's a diamond!!!
(and he does a good funeral!! Thanks mate)

Love
Harty's Mum XXX

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You can only work with what you're given. If the only people that phone are FG or Mary (or whatever her name is that only listens because she likes the commentary & it's not long for gardening question time), what are you gonna end up with?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I have travelled around the country on business numerous times, and there are very few local staions who give full commentary and an after match phone-in for teams in the second or third divisions.

It's not without it's faults (a few idiot callers / the Johnny Byrne love in with that woman who's never been to a game) but on the whole we are lucky to have a phone in at all.

Harty does a decent enough job - it's just a shame the technology SCR provides him with is about as reliable as a Reliant Robin.

Be greatful for what we have - and if you don't like it then don't listen.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ian Hart = :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :banana: :cheers: :bowdown:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think it is a good listen, I am normally at the games so I do not hear it but of the phone ins I have heard this season they are light hearted banter and it allows people to voice their opinions.

we are lucky to have a phone in centred solely on the albion, just think of all these clubs that live in close proximity to each other, they probably get about a quater of the time we do dedicated to their own club.

Keep up the good work harty :wave:

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
I wonder if the detractors have done as much for the club as Harty or ultimately care as much.

For god's sake, he's a fan and his opinions will always come across as such.

When Naylor writes dispassionately about the club, there are cries of "he isn't even a fan". Because Ian Hart is a fan, with all the (welcome) bias that entails, he gets slagged for being too optimistic or not having the right voice.

He's never going to win with those people. I suggest he ignores this thread, and people who don't like the phone in ignore the show.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
It's just on too often. Hard to get a decent debate going when the people that are phoning in have just watched 'yet another mediocre performance'. The phone-in's great immediatly after something controversial has happened. That's it.

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Not forgetting our 'lifelong' leech Wardy and programme takeover bid.
I'll get you on the radio and in the Arsegas,if you can get me into some nice events etc OK ?

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
I send in my texts and listen to the show. I am too afraid to ring up in case my velvet voice costs Mr Hart his job...

Not bad, although very predictable. When we win 'oh,oh, we're going up as champions'! When we lose, 'we're crap, sach the manager, board etc...'!:lolol:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
For all those who criticise, move outside the reception area and you soon find yourself 'pining' for Harty's comments and phone-in as the wavelength fades to "And Woking have EQUALISED in the dying seconds against Greys Athletic!!" as you head past Gatwick and onto the M25. It may be "bollocks", but he's "our bollocks".

I always find myself (on the way down) checking to see if the fans phone-in is now in range, approximately Leatherhead - if the weather's good! Yes, Harty could do with being a bit more confrontational as someone's suggested. You don't have to be rude and he wouldn't be as he's in a caring profession so it's just not in his nature (as you're mum would say, he's a nice lad). But I find it's the callers that usually make it dull or exciting. Tell you what Harty if you're out there - I'll call you on Saturday, say something completely naff (shouldn't be too hard!) and you simply say " that's utter s***, get off my show and let that be a warning to any others out there". I won;t be offended because we've arranged this in advance, meanwhile you're get front page news in some tabloid like the Argus for being a 'shock jock' and hundreds of new listeners the week after. Brilliant! Or should I get my coat.....?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here