Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Dowie: The Ugliest Man to be Spawned on Earth?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i know looks aren't everything, but they are nothingin this man's case. his face should not be allowed public broadcast.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I don't think he was spawned on this earth. Thats the only explanation I can think of.

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
ian%20dowie.jpg

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I think Luke Chadwick is worse!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
TiD said:
i know looks aren't everything, but they are nothingin this man's case. his face should not be allowed public broadcast.

It is pricks like you that give football fans a bad name.

Why don't you post something a little less offensive?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Ian Dowie: The Ugliest Man to be Spawned on Earth?

fatboy said:
It is pricks like you that give football fans a bad name.

Why don't you post something a little less offensive?

What, something a bit like this

fatboy said:
I think that people from the Bentswood area are, indeed, a separate race of people. That is, if the are can be considered peopel at all.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Dont take the piss Dowie is suffering from a rare chinese disease known as the zacharys - his face is zachary the same as his arse

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Re: Re: Re: Ian Dowie: The Ugliest Man to be Spawned on Earth?

Rangdo said:
What, something a bit like this

I couldn't really care less if I post something offensive.

But if he is going to say that I give football fans a bad name for being offensive to pikeys then he is somewhat hypocritical for posting this.

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
not really, fatboy. there is definitely a difference between offensive racial prejudice and poking harmless fun at someone (especially if that someone is never going to hear it and is a celebrity anyway - and so places himself in a position of scrutiny and criticism). i cannot believe that even someone like you fails to recognise the difference.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
*AHEM* i'm officially The Ugliest Man to be Spawned on Earth

and i'm not giving up my title to ANY palarse manager?

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
braders, i see you at every away game and you're doing yourself a disservice, comparing yourself to that mess.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
TiD said:
not really, fatboy. there is definitely a difference between offensive racial prejudice and poking harmless fun at someone (especially if that someone is never going to hear it and is a celebrity anyway - and so places himself in a position of scrutiny and criticism). i cannot believe that even someone like you fails to recognise the difference.

Clearly.

I just disagree with your opinion that calling someone a pikey - in the context that it is sung in at a football match - is racist.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Ian Dowie was on our train yesterday coming back from Millwall when we got on at E Croydon. My daughter spotted him and a CP fan confirmed it was him. I should have said to him, "We're looking forward to playing you next year." :lolol:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Okay - but let's just say you ARE Ian Dowie and you ARE officially the ugliest man on earth, what the hell can you do about it?

Seems a bit unfair to call someone names for something they can't help.

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
that perhaps comes down to your definition of a 'race'. if this can be defined strictly, with easily identifiable history, culture and geographic identification then 'pikey' can fall short of this grouping. however, if you take a more liberal definition, i'm sure 'gypsies' can be designated a race. i find it strange that you would rather be called offensive than racist. surely both are unacceptable?

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Lush said:
Okay - but let's just say you ARE Ian Dowie and you ARE officially the ugliest man on earth, what the hell can you do about it?

Seems a bit unfair to call someone names for something they can't help.

he never comes on here and so will never know. no harm done.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Going back to your original post on the other thread, what are these other chants that can be used instead of chants with the word "pikey" in?

I don't agree with racism, but most insults are derogatory in someway: homophobic, fat-ist, ginger-ist, northern-ist etc etc, and if you eradicate all of them then football fans will just be sitting there in silence or singing al-beeee-onnnn for the whole game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here