Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iain Duncan Smith resigns

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sorry, what?

The budget may very well affect me. I'm sure it does - I've just not looked yet. That's not through some sort of flippancy either. If it's anything, it's more an "ostrich head-in-the-sand" thing as I'm out of work for the first time since I left university over 20 years ago. I've got a sizeable mortgage and a family to look after.

But, also, it's like gravity right? Whatever has been announced I can't influence in any meaningful way at all.

[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] threw a flippant remark at me and I responded in kind. There is nothing more to see here than that.

If times are that tough I would cutback on the fizzy stuff or, indeed, the Friday night drinking in general. It might save you some money and stop you posting irrationally, both at the same time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It does look increasingly like a Brexit campaign based decision. In The Sun this morning there's two mentions of "Pro-Brexit" in relation to IDS along with one of "Compassionate welfare reformer". Also pointed out that if the vote is a yes for the EU Cameron would sack IDS in the aftermath.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It does look increasingly like a Brexit campaign based decision. In The Sun this morning there's two mentions of "Pro-Brexit" in relation to IDS along with one of "Compassionate welfare reformer". Also pointed out that if the vote is a yes for the EU Cameron would sack IDS in the aftermath.

The Sun?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Either way it's odd timing if he did resign over benefit cuts; he will have known about them for some time so why resign now?

And, if it's a NO for the EU, what happens then? Cameron and Osborne resign and IDS and Gove storm to power, hanging on to Johnson's coat tails?

This is turning into a recipe for a major shambles.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And, if it's a NO for the EU, what happens then? Cameron and Osborne resign and IDS and Gove storm to power, hanging on to Johnson's coat tails?

This is turning into a recipe for a major shambles.

IDS has clearly positioned himself on his knees in front of Boris in the case of a NO.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Typical politicians, this is more about the referendum and political careers than the country they are paid to represent.
I'm a Tory Boy but this is as low as it gets, "we are in this together", clearly not!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Read from bottom to top

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458377994.787751.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458378004.125116.jpg

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Either way it's odd timing if he did resign over benefit cuts; he will have known about them for some time so why resign now?
The strangest thing is that two politicians named Smith should both resign on the same day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here