Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iain Duncan Smith resigns

And regarding Ian Duncan-Smith, if anyone thinks he's resigned because he's had an epiphany and become a social democrat with thoughts of the disadvantaged high in his mind then you're wrong. He's resigned so that he can position himself against Osborne, pure and simple. IDS doesn't have a conscience. IDS couldn't care less about the disabled.

Correct - IDS is to the right of Osbo, though there is not a lot in it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Hand it back all you want Tory boy, your bunch of posh tw-ats are going down in flames right now, fair play if you come up with anything funnier than that :lol:

Well that's easy ... government in waiting

_85549761_bench.jpg

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Correct - IDS is to the right of Osbo, though there is not a lot in it.

I think I disagree. I am not sure Osborne is that much of a political idealogue. He's just a run of the mill posh boy turned politician. I don't think he's particularly right-wing although he's certainly not the One Nation Tory he claims to be. IDS is a different beast entirely. He may well have been the Tory leader who cut the ties between the Monday Club and the Conservatives but I think his brand of Conservatism would sit comfortably with the average Monday Club supporter.

_85549761_bench.jpg

You are my perfect Tory - smug, complacent and bubble-wrapped in your own little world :) Lord, I wish they were all like you

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
we did !!

I did chuckle at your "Clapham Junction is in Battersea" post you managed to slip in mid-journey. You're never off duty when it comes to correcting people on their London geography :lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

_85549761_bench.jpg

where are the pringles
looking at the Marr show this morning, papers really do not like Gideon, he will be the next one to go
then its :wave:bye dave

EDIT
said it on here for ages Europe will be the one that causes the bloodbath,it always has and always will

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
where are the pringles
looking at the Marr show this morning, papers really do not like Gideon, he will be the next one to go
then its :wave:bye dave

EDIT
said it on here for ages Europe will be the one that causes the bloodbath,it always has and always will

And, they still have over two months of blood letting, back stabbing, and score settling, before the referendum, and, then even better, they have the fallout of the result, which is going to be carnage, whichever way it goes.

I can't wait

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
IDS was made a scapegoat for this whole debacle over cutting disability benefits which is totally wrong anyway

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I did chuckle at your "Clapham Junction is in Battersea" post you managed to slip in mid-journey. You're never off duty when it comes to correcting people on their London geography :lolol:
That is quite a localised bee in my bonnet though HT , not so much a London geography correction as a naming one , I come frome just down the road and it really Pisses off the locals who have lived in battersea all their lives to have yuppy newcomers telling them they now live in Clapham , take a look at this
http://www.lovebattersea.org.uk/ 11202825_10152935756185369_3885188994963707479_o.jpg

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
FWIW, after watching him just then, I do think his resignation wasn't in primary response to the referendum and the potential aftermath, but current government policy, which he doesn't agree with.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bloody hell Iain !, Andrew Marr, don't sit of the fence old chap !!!!!, BRAVO !!!!!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Disagree with him on most things. He's been part of the problem for years and hard to have sympathy for someone that suddenly realises that the tories are not actually all about social justice. But refreshing to hear a politicial giving straight answers and good to see the farce of an 'economic policy' starting to unwind (as was inevitable). That may well have been a Dougie Howe moment.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Disagree with him on most things. He's been part of the problem for years and hard to have sympathy for someone that suddenly realises that the tories are not actually all about social justice. But refreshing to hear a politicial giving straight answers and good to see the farce of an 'economic policy' starting to unwind (as was inevitable). That may well have been a Dougie Howe moment.
More a Geoffrey hurd moment I think

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Impressive stuff from IDS and he clearly (convincingly) set out his reasons for his actions. Not Europe, Not Leadership related.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Impressive stuff from IDS and he clearly (convincingly) set out his reasons for his actions. Not Europe, Not Leadership related.

Did he then follow up his interview by 'my dear'ing and inappropriately touching the next female guest, like he did last time? :facepalm::lolol:

He has a reputation in the party of being quite thick (much to the horror of colleagues after he became leader). He sounds quite good when he's had a line of coke (or whatever woke him up last time - and I was very complimentary about him at the time, at least till he started flirting with his settee-mate). Then he seems to lose his shit and do or say something monstrous. Very strange man :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here