Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i360

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I heard about this a few months ago and was really impressed with it. With this, the possible revamp of Brighton Marina and the King Alfred development will make Brighton DEFINITLY the place to be.

All we need now is to replace the West Pier with a brand new modernised snazzier pier.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Cereal Killer said:

All we need now is to replace the West Pier with a brand new modernised snazzier pier.

Wash your mouth out! :angry: :jester:

The i360 is hoping to generate funds to salvage and restore the West Pier. We don't want a snazzier pier!? Eugenius Birch will be turning in his grave!

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Brighton M said:
Is that the 'Brighton eye thing'?

So it means they are knocking down the West Pier?

just said on bbc scr the decision means the go ahead to knock down part of the pier im taking a stab that its a part on the prom

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
BarrelofFun said:
Wash your mouth out! :angry: :jester:

The i360 is hoping to generate funds to salvage and restore the West Pier. We don't want a snazzier pier!? Eugenius Birch will be turning in his grave!

I dont mean things like rides and games and things, it is kind of hard to explain really.

Either way, aslong as it brings money into Brighton then I will be happy.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
seven stands said:
just said on bbc scr the decision means the go ahead to knock down part of the pier im taking a stab that its a part on the prom

Yes, it is part of the pier on dry land.

There is a fair amount of information on the west pier trusts website.

http://www.westpier.co.uk/index.htm

I have a feeling that the plan and scaled model is still in the fishing museum. It is well worth investigating.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
seven stands said:

I was one of the biggest advocates for the restoration of the pier but there isn't much to restore any more, is there. It's not like it'll be a Grade 1 Listed pier again. At best it'll be a replica pier.

I'm still stung by the Blackpool fan's chants that we "only have one pier" :angry: :censored:

One and A QUARTER, if you please. :salute:

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
sky scraping observation spire giving panaramic views across the seashore according to radio, oh and funds made from the ssosgpvats for short will rebuild the west pier

Last edited:

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
just found the hinge plans

Attachments

• image3_bg.jpg
    image3_bg.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 181

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dick Knights Mum said:
Can you see inside MoH's flat from there ?
I've been taking poledancing lessons in preparation.

(Nah, it's just a bit too far over.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here