SB2 Vincelot
SB3 Sparrow
SB4 Hoskins
SB5 LuaLua

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I've seen this team mentioned a few times recently, but I still agree it could well be our strongest option. I'd love to see how Vicente and Jara Reyes work together! Truly an orchestra of flair!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think we will see this team soon, although probably not at Birmingham.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
GK Harper
RB Calderon
LB Painter
CB Greer
CB Dunk
DM Bridcutt
DM Jara Reyes
RW Buckley
LW Noone
AM Vicente
ST McKail-Smith

SB1 Ankergran
SB2 Vincelot
SB3 Sparrow
SB4 Hoskins
SB5 LuaLua
so would I, looks great on paper

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Definately my choice too. Both would bring much more creativity to the middle of the park. Reyes didnt get forward like Calderon does but has the eye for a pass we desperately needed in midfieldbut can still do a job defensively. Vicente is the obvious pick as well for his creativity and ability.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd like to see that as well, but Calderon seems to be a bit out of favour at the moment. Perhaps Dickers injury will force Gus's hand.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Looks great in theory.

I suppose issues would be whether or not it is too early to put Reyes into our midfield, and also it would mean playing Calderon, whom it would appear Gus currently still has reservations about? Not to mention that it is a very attack-minded line-up, albeit with the two holding midfielders in front of defence.

I think it's more likely that Sparrow will be involved again on Saturday, with Buckley probably on the bench again, and two up front. I'd love to see this line-up though, with Buckley and Noone running and defenders and Vicente free to roam, if it worked, it'd be devastating!

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
GK Harper
RB Calderon
LB Painter
CB Greer
CB Dunk
DM Bridcutt
DM Jara Reyes
RW Buckley
LW Noone
AM Vicente
ST McKail-Smith

SB1 Ankergran
SB2 Vincelot
SB3 Sparrow
SB4 Hoskins
SB5 LuaLua

It's the team so many of us want to see, with the possible exception of Vincelot for Painter. Give that team a few matches to properly gel and I firmly believe it will take us on a fabulous journey.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I would leave Painter in, hes a Brummy so may well have a blinder in his home city, also he didnt do anything wrong against West Ham so why drop him?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I would leave Painter in, hes a Brummy so may well have a blinder in his home city, also he didnt do anything wrong against West Ham so why drop him?

Mainly because he's too slow, can only turn outside on his favoured foot, looked panicked against a winger who never even tried to take him on for pace. Genuinely feel that either playing Jara Reyes or Vincelot at left back with Calderon at RB offers more for our counter attacking game.

Didn't realise he's a Brummie though so on that basis alone he's worth a fiver on for first goal.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Quite on the contrary! I thought he put in a great performance.

And that's why football is awesome because we can have such contrarian opinions based on watching the same game.

He had one good run up the line that ended with the attempted lob of Almunia but other than that I though he looked shaky on the ball and slightly ill at ease with passing to Noone or playing it forward at all. Just always seemed to turn out or go home when other more expansive moves were possible.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
And that's why football is awesome because we can have such contrarian opinions based on watching the same game.

He had one good run up the line that ended with the attempted lob of Almunia but other than that I though he looked shaky on the ball and slightly ill at ease with passing to Noone or playing it forward at all. Just always seemed to turn out or go home when other more expansive moves were possible.

Agree with you. And that was against a team that didn't really attack us. Everytime he has had a winger constantly running at him, he has been skinned 9 times out 10

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Think he will keep Reyes at right back, will bring Vicente in for Dicker, and Hoskins in for Barnes.

Bench

Ankergen, Vincelot, Navarro, Buckley, Barnes

scooter1

How soon is now?
What ever team he goes for, he has to play to CMS's strengths. And is that up front on his own, I don't think so. When we signed CMS, Poyet said he wanted to build a team around him, and if we're not playing to his strengths, then he's not done this. From the back we play a certain way, and thats fine but as we attack we need to be able to adapt to our key strikers strength
This isn't a moan up, its an observation. The team at the top of this page looks good, my only change being on the bench. Probably Barnes for Lua Lua

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here