Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I would like Bernard Manning as my avatar can anyone help please?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You are still trying to take a 'holier than thou' stance here by assuming that someone who laughs as jokes about race is racist, or if you laught at jokes about homosexuals you are a homophobe. Also, you imply that because you don't find them funny, you must have a higher intellect. Hmmm.

Well, I have friends who are black/asian/gay (not altogether though I must admit). I will still laugh at non PC jokes, but I have always found things funny in life, even from a young age.

So please, take your opinions about what type of person I am and keep them to yourself, as you are so far off the mark it's untrue.

Will you be hiring Serbian football fans to do the compering at your next work do?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
There's a huge difference between racist abuse and a joke about race. If you think that the two are the same, then I'm afraid any chance of a sensible debate is lost.

No my point is that lots of his 'jokes' weren't jokes merely racist abuse. ONe of his jokes was to ask a black bloke whether he was enjoying his evening, as it was better than just swinging round his tree. i don't see how that's in anyway different from just shouting monkey at someone

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
On the subject of Bernard Manning, did anyone see the Argus photos of The St Georges Day charity dinner thing at the Metropole?

Sad, very sad. Unless your idea of a great time is sitting with a load of fat middle aged blokes in cheap dark suits.

Well you were not there then, I for one was wearing an expensive suit.

Should I want to laugh at his jokes, its my call. I found him funny, yes not everyones cup of tea but I knew that before going. Even had a token black man on the table next to me who seemed to enjoy himself. As Manning once said - I am not racist, I hate poofs too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here