Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I would like Bernard Manning as my avatar can anyone help please?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Harty, copy this link http://www.waynefontana.com/media/Bernard~Manning.jpg

and paste it into your User CP in the field for your avatar

for this pic

Bernard~Manning.jpg

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Good idea,I might find a Roy chubby Brown one to get the nimbys going.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
How anyone could want something so hideously fat and ugly as their avatar astounds me.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
why not just have "i am an insensitive prick who endorses the foul-mouthed bigotry of fat, racist, sexists pigs who deserve to be buried in the cold, cold ground". you'd need pretty small text, mind.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
good piece in the sun today about his obituary.interesting to see that he done a couple of benefit dinners for black cricketers at THEIR request. also that he done lots of jokes about jews although he himself was jewish!

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
good piece in the sun today about his obituary.interesting to see that he done a couple of benefit dinners for black cricketers at THEIR request. also that he done lots of jokes about jews although he himself was jewish!

And apparrently his house in Manchester was called: 'Shalom' meaning peace in Hebrew.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
why not just have "i am an insensitive prick who endorses the foul-mouthed bigotry of fat, racist, sexists pigs who deserve to be buried in the cold, cold ground". you'd need pretty small text, mind.

Why don't you have "I'm a smug, self satisfied prick with my head stuck up my own arse, who panders to political correctness at every opportunity and seemingly has nothing better to do with my life than insult people on various threads on an internet message board over a number of hours if they have the audacity to find the jokes of a certain comedian amusing"?

You'd need fairly small text for that one, too.

larus

Why don't you have "I'm a smug, self satisfied prick with my head stuck up my own arse, who panders to political correctness at every opportunity and seemingly has nothing better to do with my life than insult people on various threads on an internet message board over a number of hours if they have the audacity to find the jokes of a certain comedian amusing"?

You'd need fairly small text for that one, too.

:lol:

Exactly. If there was more humour and people were less up tight, the world would be a much better place. Any yes, that does include jokes about race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or whatever. If you don't find it funny, leave it and move on, but there's no reason to look for an argument with someone beacuse they find things amusing which you don't. That doesn't make them bad, evil, racist or whatever, just means that they are different.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Racist morons with their irresponsible heads stuck in the sand must be hurting really bad at the moment, what with Kurt Waldheim and Bernard Manning leaving us in such short succession. *prays for the Jim Davidson hat-trick*

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
...insult people on various threads on an internet message board over a number of hours if they have the audacity to find the jokes of a certain comedian amusing"?

a 'certain comedian'? you know full well that a difference in comic taste is not the issue here. trivialising the matter does nothing for your cause.

Exactly. If there was more humour and people were less up tight, the world would be a much better place. Any yes, that does include jokes about race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or whatever. If you don't find it funny, leave it and move on, but there's no reason to look for an argument with someone beacuse they find things amusing which you don't. That doesn't make them bad, evil, racist or whatever, just means that they are different.

this ground is so covered, i can barely go over it again. but for the kids sitting at the back: your race, your sexual orientation, any diabilities you have, are not the result of any choice you made. for this reason, it is insensitive to play to offensive stereotypes surrounding them. this can not be said of religion, as you need to opt in to a particular faith. for this reason, religion should be satirised.

'if you don't find it funny, move on'. i don't find him funny, so i don't listen. but the obvious problem with this, is that many do, and manning makes others (his stupid audience, who don't know any better) think it's ok to be prejudice against people of other races. we don't allow many forms of expression of racial discrimination in the interests of freefreedom, so don't hide behind that.

Racist morons with their irresponsible heads stuck in the sand must be hurting really bad at the moment, what with Kurt Waldheim and Bernard Manning leaving us in such short succession. *prays for the Jim Davidson hat-trick*

amen, harveys. after falwell and manning, i hope the 'always in 3s' rule applies.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
a 'certain comedian'? you know full well that a difference in comic taste is not the issue here. trivialising the matter does nothing for your cause.

No, it isn't the issue at all. My issue is that every other thread I've opened in the last 24 hours has been full of your incessant self-righteous bollocks, rambling and vitriol about Bernard Manning. Quite frankly, I find it incredibly tedious. If you like him, you like him. If you don't, you don't. I couldn't give a shit either way, I just wish you'd stop spouting off about it ad infinitum.

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
No, it isn't the issue at all. My issue is that every other thread I've opened in the last 24 hours has been full of your incessant self-righteous bollocks, rambling and vitriol about Bernard Manning. Quite frankly, I find it incredibly tedious. If you like him, you like him. If you don't, you don't. I couldn't give a shit either way, I just wish you'd stop spouting off about it ad infinitum.

you think i like debating this shit? someone (and i appreciate i am not the only one who bothers) has to say something. otherwise the passive nihilism you peddle promotes the tolerance and proliferation of these disgusting ideas.

you make me do it.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
you think i like debating this shit? someone (and i appreciate i am not the only one who bothers) has to say something. otherwise the passive nihilism you peddle promotes the tolerance and proliferation of these disgusting ideas.

you make me do it.

Nihilism, by definition, cannot promote racism.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

you make me do it.

But you're not saying anything, you're just foaming at the mouth , which is not the same thing.

I found Bernard Mannings humour very funny at times, although some jokes were very close to the mark, but as Grendel says, you either found him funny or you didn't, it's as simple as that, AND, it is getting very, very tedious

larus

this ground is so covered, i can barely go over it again. but for the kids sitting at the back: your race, your sexual orientation, any diabilities you have, are not the result of any choice you made. for this reason, it is insensitive to play to offensive stereotypes surrounding them. this can not be said of religion, as you need to opt in to a particular faith. for this reason, religion should be satirised.

'if you don't find it funny, move on'. i don't find him funny, so i don't listen. but the obvious problem with this, is that many do, and manning makes others (his stupid audience, who don't know any better) think it's ok to be prejudice against people of other races. we don't allow many forms of expression of racial discrimination in the interests of freefreedom, so don't hide behind that.

You are still trying to take a 'holier than thou' stance here by assuming that someone who laughs as jokes about race is racist, or if you laught at jokes about homosexuals you are a homophobe. Also, you imply that because you don't find them funny, you must have a higher intellect. Hmmm.

Well, I have friends who are black/asian/gay (not altogether though I must admit). I will still laugh at non PC jokes, but I have always found things funny in life, even from a young age.

So please, take your opinions about what type of person I am and keep them to yourself, as you are so far off the mark it's untrue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here