I was told this separately last night by two different people Simon Cox £1.25m

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
- Do we need a 25 goal striker? Yes
- Is Simon Cox a 25 goal striker (in L1)? Yes
- Will we get a (L1) 25 goal striker for less than £1.25m? Probably not
- Will Gus/Bloom have £1.25 to spend on a (L1) 25 goal striker? I think so. If needs must.
- Will Simon Cox want to come here? I'm not sure.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as rumours go this is about the most credible so far. though so many names have been trown out in the past month someones bound to get a lucky hit.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
- Will Gus/Bloom have £1.25 to spend on a (L1) 25 goal striker? I think so. If needs must.

On the one hand it does seem a very unlikely deal. However, we seem to have a very good top six team except for a 25 goal striker. Could you sell it to him that he is the missing piece in the jigsaw. From West Brom's point of view he probably won't make a Premier League player so is it worth cashing in? I have no doubt we have the money and you never know although I would still regard this as unlikely. If true, would be fantastic though.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Would LOVE it to be true. But seems to far fetched to get hopes up.

Would be brilliant if it did happen just to wind up Swindon's fans even more next Saturday

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
as rumours go this is about the most credible so far. though so many names have been trown out in the past month someones bound to get a lucky hit.

No, it's not.

There is absolutely no chance of us getting Cox. With our finances I'm sure we could afford his wages but what young striker would drop two divisions from the Prem?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Would LOVE it to be true. But seems to far fetched to get hopes up.

Would be brilliant if it did happen just to wind up Swindon's fans even more next Saturday

Agreed. And just imagine if Cox scored the winner against the inbreds. What a result that would be.

:amex:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
why would they sell somebody who for 1.25m who cost them 2m, who's been playing regularly and scoring goals for them? also why on earth would he want to play in league 1 all over again.

if you'd said 2.25m and it would seem a little more credible!

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
A young striker in the Prem that might not get regular first team football might?

Not two divisions he won't, I'm sure there will be plenty of Championship clubs willing to take a punt on him.

Don't wear the word 'might' out though will you?

DannyBhoy

Jul 5, 2003
Burwash, East Sussex
why would they sell somebody who for 1.25m who cost them 2m, who's been playing regularly and scoring goals for them? also why on earth would he want to play in league 1 all over again.

if you'd said 2.25m and it would seem a little more credible!

i dont think he has exactly set the world alight at WBA!

so id say £1.25million would be a good price, would love to see this come true but i just cant see it happening!

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Everything i have read indicates West Brom paid 1.5m for him, not 2m.
It was reported a few weeks ago that Derby were sniffing around him (amongst others).

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Would I like to see it? Yes

Do I think it's likely? No

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Already signed for Scunthorpe, Gary Hooper replacement. Robert Grant that is!!

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1

good point, and dont forget we have sold, dicko £150000, crofts £400,000, and only fee paid to date £250,000 greer! can see gus knocking out the whole budget on a forward, as we all know its the hardest posistion to fill!!:rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here