Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I used to support Liverpool

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
When I was young and stupid I started supporting Liverpool. For many years I support them. In January 1994 I started going to watch the Albion. While living in Chester my flagging Liverpool fandom underwent a rebirth. It was just final flurry.

I realised yesterday that I couldn't give a poo about Liverpool anymore.

And I'm GLAD.

BRIGHTON TILL I DIE.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i use to support spurs! but brighton have always been number 1!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Cheshire Dolphin said:

I realised yesterday that I couldn't give a poo about Liverpool anymore.

Thats the second time someone has said that to me this morning.. Chelsea PLC must be rubbing their hands with glee

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Says the man who has who-knows how many Man Utd tops and, not only that, a POMPEY shirt in his collection.

SCUMMER.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Cheshire Dolphin said:
Says the man who has who-knows how many Man Utd tops and, not only that, a POMPEY shirt in his collection.

SCUMMER.

Man Utd and Pomey shirts in his collection
why ???

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
I've always been of the opinion that when you 'choose' a club you should stick with it. 'Till death do you part.

To change allegiance to another club is no better than glory hunting ManU, Arsenal or Chelski fans. Sorry Cheshire.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
JEM, believe me - that's how I feel, but what actually happened was the realisation of my true love - The Albion. I supported Liverpool from age 5 or something, but as the years went by watching Brighton, it all came together - I knew I could never feel what I felt for Brighton for Liverpool. You just cannot have that same connection that you get with your home side. This isn't something which has happened before or since, and I view it as a positive thing. Brighton came along and showed me what football is really about, what it really means to support a team - this is something I could never have with Liverpool.

And don't come all high and mighty with me, I've seen those pictures of you as a boy at Selhurst, blue and red rattle in hand...

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Cheshire Dolphin said:
And don't come all high and mighty with me, I've seen those pictures of you as a boy at Selhurst, blue and red rattle in hand...

I was just about to explain that.... but lunch break's ended and I've got lots of work to do.... :blush:

Last edited:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Exactly the same here Mr Dolphin.
Liverpool through and through until I started glory hunting in 83'.

Please forgive me JEM, I grew up in the footballing black hole of Kent.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I used to support Liverpool too. When I was about 7 or 8 - it was the 70's and they were winning everything. Then in 1977 (aged 9) my Uncle took me to the Goldstone to see Albion v Blackburn, and from then on things would never be the same.

Still have a soft spot for Liverpool. During 1988 - 91 when I was at Uni in Yorkshire I managed to get to see them quite a bit. Standing on the Kop was a fantastic experience. Nearly as good as Block D in the South Stand.

Seagull Stew

I went as far as to wear Liverpool colours in the West Stand during the FA cup game in 1984 which Brighton won 2-0.
It was my first season that I watched the Albion every home game and I remember crying on the way home and my Dad comforting me saying that at least I'll get to see more cup games this season and I could support my second team which of course cheered me up.

I believe we lost 3-1 at Watford in the next round.

I didn't go.:nono:

I've never believe a word the old man has said since. :lolol:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Brixtaan said:
Exactly the same here Mr Dolphin.
Liverpool through and through until I started glory hunting in 83'.

Please forgive me JEM, I grew up in the footballing black hole of Kent.

ditto including the Kent bit

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have to confess I have a massive soft spot for Everton and always look out for their results.

Not sure why - possibly because having been under-achievers for so long they did actually have some great years of success in the mid 80s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here