Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I used to support Liverpool

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I know exactly what you mean. When I was a boy I supported Chelsea. This was in the era of Tambling, Bonetti, Harris (R), Harris (A), Cooke, Baldwin, etc etc. Well I came from Croydon and it was either them or Palace!

Then I moved to Sussex and started going to the Goldstone. I can't put an exact time on it but at some some stage circa 1972 after watching the Albion for about 5/6 years I realised I didn't give a stuff about Chelsea any more. Now of course I actively cheer their defeats.

I understand your point of view JEM and it's valid - but sometimes there are reasons to change. I certainly wouldn't have become an Albion fan if I hadn't moved to Sussex.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
JEM's point of view isn't valid if you're a kid (under 15ish).

And PaddyB: fvck off and support Gillingham then! (joke)

bhanuts

Jul 5, 2003
How many bloody scousers!

What are you lot like?
How can anyone change there club? Beats me!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
my first game was arsenal vs liverpool 23/12/95 liverpool won 3-1 (fowler (3) wright (p) ) why i remember that i do not know !

Seagull Stew

It's called growing up bhanuts.
When I were a wee nipper I supported (Or at least what I thought was supporting) Liverpool because they were the best apparently.
I had no real concept of distance. For all I knew Liverpool was possibly as far away from me as Brighton was, it was just that I'd never been there.
Once it dawned upon me what being a football fan was all about my allegiance for the Albion just happened without realising.
Now I don't really give a toss how Liverpool get on. Unless they're playing Man Utd or walloping Palace that is!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
f***, another Mike Ward thread !

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Rougvie said:
f***, another Mike Ward thread !

LOL! The difference being that all of us on here who admit to changing our allegance did so as Seagull_Stew says as part of growing up. Obviously I claim that we are far better people than those who still support the likes of Liverpool simply because they've "always supported them".

I have no real problem with people changing allegiance - as long as its to us! Ask Lord Bracknell how many teams he's supported!

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Liverpool was the first team I supported, because I found a sticker of Ian Rush down my road (I was only 4)
My brother then forced me into following Arsenal which I did for 4 years until my Dad started taking me to the Goldstone and I was converted within a few games.
My brother is also a Brighton fan.
I realised I was a Albion fan when we played Swindon at home after they had been relegated twice on the bounce and they scored from a free kick which I swear should have been ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here