Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I took my boy to his first Albion game on Saturday

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
My eldest boy is just coming up for six.
I thought it was about time I took him to see the team that I have told him he is going to support.
Cost me a fortune at the club shop!

Sat in Block V. Very quiet but just right for his first game.
Great view of Lumos goal. Also a great view of the ball going out of play before the cross for the Colchester goal !

Couldn't see Leons winner for toffee but responded to the cheers from Block J.

All in all a great day and one of those moments in life to make you feel proud.

I wonder if he will support them in thirty years time?!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
:clap2:

Doesn't matter if he does or doesn't want to go again!! Just take him!

Thats how my old man got me into it.

"Shut it you little :censored:.. you're going to football and thats it."

*SLAP*

:lolol:

Leesy

Feb 3, 2004
Burgess Hill
I took my eldest daughter to her first game at the weekend as well. She is eight (same age as I saw my first Albion game), and sat in block B. I don't think she was too impressed with the football, but she was amazed by the crowd.

She certainly learnt some new words, and will forever associate the words referee and linesman with a number of more colourful descriptions!!

All part of an eight year olds education I guess.

And yes, she does want to go again.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Took my youngest, Olivia (8) - she's been to quite a few games, including Plymouth away and Wycombe away this season. She's starting to ask some quite detailed questions now, like why the goalkeeper can't pick it up every time it gets kicked to him. On Saturday she also posed the dreaded question - "What does Wank*r mean, Dad?"

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
I must admit I had difficulty explaining my outburst at the linseman and that useless $*&$*$g tosser was a phrase best forgotten.

Still, managed to convince him that there was no reason to tell his Mum when we got home!

:angel:

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
i have always wondered what it must be like to explain to one of the kids what some of the more colourful language is all about.

i still remember coming home as a seven year old and telling my mum what a wonderful time i had at my first albion match in 1977 that my dad took me to. i had great pleasure in singing my new song to her that i had learnt that night.

'the referees a ba@@@@d', 'the referees a ba@@@@d'

never did get an explanation!!!

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
I'm taking my 8 year-old godson to Sheff Weds this Sat. - hoping to turn him from an Ipswich fan (like his Dad) into an Albion fan...!

My son is only 3-and-a-half and I keep thinking about the first football match I'll take him to.

It will be an Albion game, of course, and it could just be the first game at Falmer...?!! Marvellous scenes... :)

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
When i took my nephew for the first time, he was about 5, he asked where David Beckham was!

made a few people around us chuckle.

He also though that because he was wearing the same shirt he would be allowed to play! :glare:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I took my son to the Goldstone when he was 8 but because we live up here he became a Bantam :(
(we didn't live in Huddersfield then)

My daughter is Sheff Wed (she fell for Chris Waddle)

Still at least it wasn't Leeds or Manyoo ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here