Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i thought we got rid of the hook

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Well i also have a job so therefore pay tax. I'm not, obviously, saying i pay for it all, i should have said towards them being here.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They come here because it's a great place to live. If the tables were turned wouldn't you want to come here?

lander14 said:
Well i also have a job so therefore pay tax. I'm not, obviously, saying i pay for it all, i should have said towards them being here.
But consider the taxes that many of "them" pay. I confidently look forward to them keeping me in my (rapidly approaching) old age.

We need a bigger workforce to generate a stronger economy if all us oldies are to live in comfort for thirty years after giving up work. Most of the taxes that we have contributed over our lifetime have been blown on defence, roadbuilding, the NHS and education.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
The NHS also has killed many people with the lack of cleanliness. As i have jus come out of hospital i stayed in my own room in there, and there is less dirt in my room then in that hospital room. Could the taxes not be used more constructively?

My nan who is 60 today, now being an OAP, was told her pension would be giving her 6p a week!

The taxes should be used more constructively to people who pay the taxes and people that really need the tax money!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
lander14 said:
My nan who is 60 today, now being an OAP, was told her pension would be giving her 6p a week!

When the pensions were first introduced they weren't meant to sustain people into their 80's.

If you have £5m to spread between 1000 people living 5-10 years or 5000 people living 20-25 years which one is going to get the most money??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
lander14 said:
Yes beacuse its an easy ride for them! and they get everythign for free!

do you really believe that?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
lander14 said:

Someone has to say it, your ignorance is staggering. What are you studying ?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
lander14 said:

Many were professionals in their previous country and now work as cleaners. I wouldn't call that a free ride. You can afford to work as a cleaner part-time knowing you will get a different job or go to uni, most asylum seekers won't have this oppotunity they will continue to work shitty jobs just to get themselves into a position whereby they can do the things the rest of us take for granted.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
bhaexpress said:
Someone has to say it, your ignorance is staggering. What are you studying ?

Spanish, business studies, and Travel & Tourism

Still at college though.

Clearly not everything but quite alot of things get paid for, more than we get in some cases

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
hitony said:
Ahhhh im pleased to see my taxes are being put to good use......i would hate the thought that they were being wasted !!!!!

He is meant to be on trial at the Old Bailey but the judge keeps dismissing the jury for being biased!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here