Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i thought we got rid of the hook

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
lander14 said:
I haven't:wave:

Lander generally you seem like an ok bloke, for a start you appreciation of tweedy can only admired but how old are you because a comment like this is really infantile. More efforts to screen asylum seekers and promote intergration would be better. I agree that the situation is out of hand but you can't blame them, its our government who is mishandling the process. And remember that tabloid newspapers love an easy target that promotes fear in all its readers.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield

I agree but i'm not blaming anyone but the government!

The whole system needs to be looked over by someone more interested in the country than the money involved in the job, which i believe Tony Blair is.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Oceanic said:
So why don't they stop of in the first safe country they come to, why travel through about 6 safe countrys to get to England? It's because everything is free here. do keep up!

See above.

lander14 said:
LB Do you fully understand why they come here?

Yes, because most of them are suffering racial, religious or/and political persecution. Sure there are those that come here for a free ride but that’s no reason to stop them all. If the welfare took that approach with people sponging on the dole then we would have an increased problem with homelessness, suicide etc.. within people who are genuinely out of work.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
lander14 said:

I agree but i'm not blaming anyone but the government!

The whole system needs to be looked over by someone more interested in the country than the money involved in the job, which i believe Tony Blair is.

Well if you blame the government stop generalising the asylum seekers as muslims and it will stop your flippancy appearing like you are holding them responsible.

I think with Blair it is more about power than money.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Try harder to get a job, never can have enough dustmen!

And why do all the asylum seekers get it all paid and us get nothing off the government? They also get all the good jobs elaving us with the not as good jobs (im not speaking for everyone but for a few im sure is the case)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
lander14 said:
Try harder to get a job, never can have enough dustmen!

And why do all the asylum seekers get it all paid and us get nothing off the government? They also get all the good jobs elaving us with the not as good jobs (im not speaking for everyone but for a few im sure is the case)

Lander mate, immigrants generally take up the slack in low, paid shitty jobs. They are partly responsible for keeping our economy stable because they often do the jobs us anglo-saxons don't want to, e.g road sweepers, cleaners, porters etc...And most work hard at doing it. Nearly every retail place I have worked at had immigrant cleaners and they usually worked harder than most of the sales assistants and management.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
As a student i have a job as a cleaner, and i do agree most of the employees are asylum seekers. But this still isn't the fact for all of them.

I am off to sleep now i don't feel well.

And by the way LB i think you are a nice chap too, we just have different views on the situation

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
lander14 said:
As a student i have a job as a cleaner, and i do agree most of the employees are asylum seekers. But this still isn't the fact for all of them.

I am off to sleep now i don't feel well.

And by the way LB i think you are a nice chap too, we just have different views on the situation

True but just because some of them are taking advantage doesn't mean we should lump them all in the same category.

Hope you feel better tomorrow, take care mate.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
s.stubbs said:
Hook boy is in Belmarsh holiday camp,the hairy turd you're thinking of is that Bakri shitbag,I think all his spawn are still living here at our expense .

Ahhhh im pleased to see my taxes are being put to good use......i would hate the thought that they were being wasted !!!!!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Les Biehn said:
See above.

Yes, because most of them are suffering racial, religious or/and political persecution. Sure there are those that come here for a free ride but that’s no reason to stop them all. If the welfare took that approach with people sponging on the dole then we would have an increased problem with homelessness, suicide etc.. within people who are genuinely out of work.

This would solve the pension shortfall, NHS debt, etc....

(PS Semi wind-up post to see if I can get LB's back up :))

lander14 said:
Call them what you like, why they here?
In the case of my muslim former sister-in-law, because her English mother, formerly married to an Egyptian, brought her here as a child.

As for the rest of "them", I dare say there are many, many individual stories, not a great deal different from how I, as someone with absolutely NO previous connections with Sussex, came to live here.

And - whoops - I forgot to mention that the young Miss Bracknell is flying off to Tunisia this morning as part of her University programme. Isn't it good that these opportunities for cultural exchanges are available to young people today?

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Since when did NSC become a platform for the BMP ?

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
All i was saying is how i don't see why i should be paying for them to come over here! And the fact that the government needs to change there act and sort this shambles of a country out!

Woodchip said:
My reference to "Damn Foreigners" was in the Sussex terminology of referring to anyone in Sussex that has no links to be here. Not an racial thing, just a local thing for local people.
I have to say that the locals have been very welcoming to me.

:)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
lander14 said:
All i was saying is how i don't see why i should be paying for them to come over here! And the fact that the government needs to change there act and sort this shambles of a country out!

As a student, how much do you pay ? As a tax payer I subsidise your education, why should I do that either ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here