Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i Think we will sign another player today

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Or maybe just maybe its the imminent arrival of a striker ( with plenty of Championship / Premiership experience )...that a little birdie tells me is not overly happy at his present club ( who managed to stay up last season )..and would be happy to play regularly in the 2nd tier.
Yes...I am putting two and two together and making four and a half but these are the type of players we need....we have got to replace 30+goals....this guy would get 15-20..no prob.

Jason Roberts at Blackburn?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think we will not sign another player today

You could very well be right!!!!! Sam Vokes would be immense and I think we would need to spend more than 1 million to get him

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Do people genuinely think Vokes would be class for £1m +???

Thats serious, serious money, i'd be extremely dissapointed if that's the sort of player we decide to spend that sort of money on. Has had one decent season at Bournemouth as a youngster and done little else, never scored more than 12 goals in a season. Did nothing this season, and did very little at Leeds in league 1 a couple of years back.

That sort of money would be better spent on offering someone like Earnshaw a decent signing on fee. People were saying Murray wasn't worth forking out on as he was unproven in the Championship, well neithers Vokes, and Murray has a far, far better goalscoring record.

Earnshaw, Rhodes, Jason Scotland, Simon Cox and so on are players i'd be looking at for that sort of money (not saying they'd all come).

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Do people genuinely think Vokes would be class for £1m +???

Thats serious, serious money, i'd be extremely dissapointed if that's the sort of player we decide to spend that sort of money on. Has had one decent season at Bournemouth as a youngster and done little else, never scored more than 12 goals in a season. Did nothing this season, and did very little at Leeds in league 1 a couple of years back.

That sort of money would be better spent on offering someone like Earnshaw a decent signing on fee. People were saying Murray wasn't worth forking out on as he was unproven in the Championship, well neithers Vokes, and Murray has a far, far better goalscoring record.

Earnshaw, Rhodes, Jason Scotland, Simon Cox and so on are players i'd be looking at for that sort of money (not saying they'd all come).

why would you want a bunch of players who've proven their potential to join a manager who has the ability to turn good young talent into top class players? Poyet dosen't want average willy nillys in the Championship filling in numbers, he wants players who could turn into absolute gems capable of taking us to better places.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Or maybe just maybe its the imminent arrival of a striker ( with plenty of Championship / Premiership experience )...that a little birdie tells me is not overly happy at his present club ( who managed to stay up last season )..and would be happy to play regularly in the 2nd tier.
Yes...I am putting two and two together and making four and a half but these are the type of players we need....we have got to replace 30+goals....this guy would get 15-20..no prob.

Simon Cox?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Simon Cox... would be good IMHO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here