Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i Think we will sign another player today

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
why would you want a bunch of players who've proven their potential to join a manager who has the ability to turn good young talent into top class players? Poyet dosen't want average willy nillys in the Championship filling in numbers, he wants players who could turn into absolute gems capable of taking us to better places.

They'd be a far better helping hand in getting us consolidated in this division than spending £1m on Sam Vokes would be. I'll say it again, did nothing in League 1 at Leeds, and did nothing in the Championship this season. If we're going to spend £1m on a striker i'd at least want some proof he could score goals at that level, Vokes has scored no more than once whilest on loan at a club.
We let Murray go because we weren't willing to pay over the odds for an unproven Championship player, paying £1million for Vokes would be daft IMO. Far, far better players for that money.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
They'd be a far better helping hand in getting us consolidated in this division than spending £1m on Sam Vokes would be. I'll say it again, did nothing in League 1 at Leeds, and did nothing in the Championship this season. If we're going to spend £1m on a striker i'd at least want some proof he could score goals at that level, Vokes has scored no more than once whilest on loan at a club.
We let Murray go because we weren't willing to pay over the odds for an unproven Championship player, paying £1million for Vokes would be daft IMO. Far, far better players for that money.

So I take it your pretty upset about the signing of Hoskins then?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I knew we were after Jason Roberts! I said so a couple weeks back. I'm now believing we could just could pull this little coup off. Cracking signing if so.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So I take it your pretty upset about the signing of Hoskins then?
Eh? not at all, banging them in for fun in a poor side and many of those games was operating as a winger. He also in the eyes of some Watford fans was played out of position. But hey, lets spunk a million quid on someone who has never ever been prolific. Different types of player, but Barnes is far more promising.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Don't be so harsh. Admittedly Glasgow is not the nicest but there are plenty of places around in the countryside that are beautiful

With reference to the Ms Campbell thread, I take great exception to this comment. Clearly a racist comment against both myself and my fellow Jocko's LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I knew we were after Jason Roberts! I said so a couple weeks back. I'm now believing we could just could pull this little coup off. Cracking signing if so.

I didnt see your previous quote when I posted earlier today but looking through the squads as they stand today, Jason Roberts is the stand out striker for me. Whats more, he will bring that robust Blackburn style of play with him where away teams defenders know they have been in a game

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Eh? not at all, banging them in for fun in a poor side and many of those games was operating as a winger. He also in the eyes of some Watford fans was played out of position. But hey, lets spunk a million quid on someone who has never ever been prolific. Different types of player, but Barnes is far more promising.

Ashley Barnes was not prolific before he joined. Bobby Zamora was not prolific before he joined, Glenn Murray was not prolific before he joined. Leon Knight was not prolific before he joined.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Ashley Barnes was not prolific before he joined. Bobby Zamora was not prolific before he joined, Glenn Murray was not prolific before he joined. Leon Knight was not prolific before he joined.

Remind me which of those cost £1million plus. Id be looking for someone a lot better than Sam vokes for our biggest signing ever. Leeds fans didn't rate him, neither do Norwich.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Remind me which of those cost £1million plus. Id be looking for someone a lot better than Sam vokes for our biggest signing ever. Leeds fans didn't rate him, neither do Norwich.

The cost of Murray back then was far greater than what 1 million is to the Brighton and hove albion of now, same as Zamora.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
Sam Vokes should cost roughly 300 to 500k

next signing Sean St Ledger from Preston top centre back

gjh1971

May 7, 2007

Zamora had scored 7 goals in 5 games before joining us, Murray got 21 in 42 for Rochdale, Knight 16 in 29 for Huddersfield, I will give you Barnes though

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I wonder if there's someone we'd be familiar with from last season that we might be looking to bring in.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Well I got that one wrong, didn't I!

Saw this at the bottom of Argus report

See The Argus tomorrow for full coverage of Buckley's arrival and other transfer activity involving the Seagulls.

Makes me think another deal might be imminent!!!!!

Exciting times

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So you thought you'd bounce this thread why exactly?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
So you thought you'd bounce this thread why exactly?

Well according to his username, he is "special" so god only knows why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here