Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think Gus should keep his mouth shut re transfer activity.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
it it happens it happens if it dont it dont, one thing for sure is that Christmas will still be on the 25th December this year.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Next few days was a give away. Why give a time frame? It's the same with him fully expecting Vicente to be at training and a fair few other quotes on Vicente that has possibly caused a problem on the matter

So a transfer didn't happen 'in the next few days...' Whoop-di-f***ing shit.

We've no idea who it was, what the cost was, whether he will be any good - nada. Please don't tell me your raison d'être is based on hanging on every one of Gus' hopes.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
So a transfer didn't happen 'in the next few days...' Whoop-di-f***ing shit.

We've no idea who it was, what the cost was, whether he will be any good - nada. Please don't tell me your raison d'être is based on hanging on every one of Gus' hopes.

Oh wind your neck in. I am not overly bothered when signings come as I know they will however Gus does sometimes say too much. I am not hanging on his every word at all.

I guess it's my opinion but I do not feel the need to be rude when replying so I guess you are loving the sound of your own voice/opinion.

It's a discussion board, why have you piped up with the need to be bloody rude.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
It was the same last season. Too much comment from him leading to all kinds of eager anticipation from the fans. Then when nothing happens we all get depressed.

Much better if he says nothing. Then when a signing happens we can enjoy the moment.

Don't agree. Gus is very enthusiastic about signings and perhaps gets a little carried away about how 'imminent' a signature is.

But to me, so what?

When he says 'a day or 2' just treat it as 'within the next week or so' and you'll probably be closer to the reality.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Why are people getting their knickers in a twist over what Gus says about tranfers, they will happen when they happen. When he gets the players he's after, at a price the club are prepared to pay then we shall all be told. All he's really said is there are players he's after & obviously he hope it's all sorted soon, not sure what else he's supposed to say or not say. The time to worry is if nothing has happend by the end of the transfer window, before that stay cool & trust in Gus.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't know why people bother responding to these threads. Have they not worked out that everything Gus does is wrong whether he says something or nothing and to back him is just to say you see him through rose tinted glasses? Gus must be terrible, I mean all he has done is take us from bottom six in League One to 10th in the Championship!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Gus is a workaholic and will be flat out trying to sign what he regards as fantastic players on a limited budget. Let him get on with it, he has already landed two quality signings and may get another 2-3 if everything falls into place.

In Gus we Trust.

Gus is honest. He tells us things exactly how he sees it and keeps us informed. Sometimes things don`t pan out the way he thought they would, that`s life. I`m sure we`d all rather he let`s us know what they`re trying to do and most of us are big enough to cope with the TRAUMA when it doesn`t come off.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In the Argus they quoted Gus as saying the next player could be here in the next couple of days , subject to a medical. Does 2 + 2 = Hitzlsperger ???

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The only time I can ever recall Gus keeping his mouth shut for any real period of time. Was the back end of last season. It's usually, the way we play, or Vicente this or Chelsea that, or we are very close on this or that, transfer budgets, etc etc etc, to anyone who will listen....But the back end of last season he went a little bit silent, wonder why that was??Still it didn't last long did it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The only time I can ever recall Gus keeping his mouth shut for any real period of time. Was the back end of last season. It's usually, the way we play, or Vicente this or Chelsea that, or we are very close on this or that, transfer budgets, etc etc etc, to anyone who will listen....But the back end of last season he went a little bit silent, wonder why that was??Still it didn't last long did it.

ye but u love him really :)

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham

He was on holiday in Uruguay for quite a bit, hence the silence.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
ye but u love him really :)

lol, I found him very frustrating towards the end of the season and thought he made some strange decisions to say the least. All that said, it's a new season, a new start. He is a young rookie manager and will make mistakes, even if he can't see them himself. But it's a clean slate and lets go for it.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
It was the same last season. Too much comment from him leading to all kinds of eager anticipation from the fans. Then when nothing happens we all get depressed.

Much better if he says nothing. Then when a signing happens we can enjoy the moment.

Sack him i say:D

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

What is your definition of nothing? Last season we broke the transfer record... twice - then picked up a former Champions League player - this season we have picked up 2 former Champions League players already...

The Argus will ask him to say something about transfers because they know thats what fans want to hear about - so what would you suggest he says?

1) "No Comment" - cue paranoia that he has no transfer budget and complete NSC meltdown
2) "Please refer that question to our chairman, Mr Bloom - I am not allowed to talk about Transfer Activity" - See above

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What is your definition of nothing? Last season we broke the transfer record... twice - then picked up a former Champions League player - this season we have picked up 2 former Champions League players already...

The Argus will ask him to say something about transfers because they know thats what fans want to hear about - so what would you suggest he says?

1) "No Comment" - cue paranoia that he has no transfer budget and complete NSC meltdown
2) "Please refer that question to our chairman, Mr Bloom - I am not allowed to talk about Transfer Activity" - See above

What about an option 3?..."We have a few irons in the fire and we are working on them".........it's the fact he goes on about "gem" signings and "the Vicente deal is 99% done" and the "two players by the weekend" etc etc etc.....I think that's what people get the hump about.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Must say i was expecting a few signings on top of the goalie by now,very quiet considering all other clubs are on over drive signing players.On topic,gus just needs to state targets are being sought and leave it at that:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here