Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think Gus got it spot on this weekend

We can't look at a game like that and worry over spilt milk losing it.
Two teams started, Stoke 2 divisions above us, at home, full 1st team squad and taking us seriously on the day.

We lost? oh, well that's no surprise then is it?
Shame Wardy wasn't playing up front, and with Lawrenson at the back.

Next!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Are you as confrontational and humourless in real life? I'm not sure I've seen a single post of yours that suggests a sense of humour but I have seen innumerable posts with put downs and a lack of willingness to accept any tolerance of other people's opinions.

This.

It sounds like my mother in law.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll say one thing about Gus's Passing Game: it's made one helluva lot of half-wits 'who understand football' feel a lot better about themselves :lol:
You're only saying that because most of your football related posts have been proven completely wrong this season. I think my favourite piece of Scotch wrongness was the whole "Glen one in ten" thing.

Mind you, I partly agree with you when it comes to the FA Cup. It would have been interesting to see El Abd and Ankergren playing instead of the Elf and Breadvan, although it seems to have gone unnoticed by you that those opening two goals were as much the fault of Greer as they were of Brez - he lost his man on both occasions, and he is club captain and first choice centre back.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
We can't look at a game like that and worry over spilt milk losing it.
Two teams started, Stoke 2 divisions above us, at home, full 1st team squad and taking us seriously on the day.

We lost? oh, well that's no surprise then is it?
Shame Wardy wasn't playing up front, and with Lawrenson at the back.

Next!

I think at their age they'd have been a bit knackered by half-time on that pitch. But they might have showed up the youngsters a bit for about 5 minutes.:glare:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Are you as confrontational and humourless in real life? I'm not sure I've seen a single post of yours that suggests a sense of humour but I have seen innumerable posts with put downs and a lack of willingness to accept any tolerance of other people's opinions.

Thanks for the trick question. I won't bother answering because I wasn't in the slightest bit confrontational or humourless. In fact I actually tried to have an informed discussion with another poster but he couldn't come up with a sensible response.

Judging by this thread, I am far from the only one getting a little fed up with his comments too.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
We all agree that promotion to the Championship remains top priority.

BUT the day out at the Brittania was a complete let down for 3450 Albion fans. Even allowing for Stoke's physicality and better players we lacked any kind of passion that a lower league side should display in the FA Cup. I am also naive enough to think that momentum is important and good play cannot just be turned on and off.

Fair play to Stoke for fielding a near full strength team, cheap tickets and match programme etc.

Not sure that putting out a different/stronger team would have had any bearing on the result or the manner of the defeat. Stoke play the sort of football that makes it difficult for our style of play to combat. The only other option was to change our style of play and hope it made a difference but I suspect that would have resulted in the same outcome.

Maybe if we had played Man U or Arsenal we would have come out with a more respectable result and performance because our style would have been more suited to the way they play. So maybe we just have to put this down to not being good enough to perform against a side stronger and more direct than ourselves......it happens.

We may be lucky to be playing a Plymouth club that is falling apart tomorrow

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
You're only saying that because most of your football related posts have been proven completely wrong this season. I think my favourite piece of Scotch wrongness was the whole "Glen one in ten" thing.

i liked the one last year that involved something along the lines of "poyet will be gone by boxing day"

could never work out if that was a joke or not, but for his sake i bloody hope it was

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here