Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think Gus got it spot on this weekend

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bizarre how many people appear to be in awe of the apparently mighty Stoke City, dinosaurs of the Premier League. As for them being bigger than us, so were Oldham. Plus Oldham didn't rely on a pathetic long throw game. Truth is we just rolled over with two soft early goals. Damn shame El-Abd never got given the chance to wind them up like he did Portsmouth. Might have been a completely different story. Plus its the one time we could have really done with Ankergren and his love of punching the ball.

Massive chance blown, including a very soft quarter-final draw.

Oh well. Onwards and upwards eh?

This is true about Oldham but the thing is that the Stoke players are a hell of alot better at it. Like I say they come up against Man Utd and Arsenal...we come up aganst Oldham and Colchester.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dont worry Finchlea THPP is the only person I know who would love a return to the Adams aimless hoofing days.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Dont worry Finchlea THPP is the only person I know who would love a return to the Adams aimless hoofing days.

I know you are right it just amazes me what rubbish some people come up with. I also remember looking at a thread when I got back on Saturday which had people complaining about the team put out and commenting during the game and I think he was on it. If the FA Cup was such an opportunity for us you would have thought he would have wanted to go.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yeah, you're right, Stoke are a veritable JUGGERNAUT. How dare we play on the same pitch as them! :rolleyes:

You really haven't got an argument have you, which is why you write crap like this. The fact is, whatever your opinion may be, Stoke are tenth in the Premier League whereas we are a very good League 1 side. A number of their players probably cost millions so anyone who feels we should have won is delusional.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Yeah, right.

THPP has been happy as a happy thing since arch-hoofer Elphick's been relegated to the touchline in the League. Ankergren can stand there like a lemon with the ball at his feet for the entire ninety minutes for all I care, just as long as the teams below keep self-destructing at a rate of knots for the next couple of months.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We only progressed as far as the fifth round despite the manager, not because of him. Could at least have made it look convincing by selecting the first team keeper.

You couldn't even be bothered to turn up for our first fifth round game in 25 years so you are obviously not that bothered about the cup, are you?

As for the team selection, the general feeling is that Brezovan is better off his line than Ankergren, something that we needed at Stoke. Yes he had a poor game but Gus didn't know that. Anyone who seriously thinks we would have won if we had played the full strength available side, which seems to be Ankergren, El Abd and Sandaza coming in, is deluded and despite your dinosaur comments, I was at the game and believe me Stoke were a lot better than you are giving them credit for.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well maybe if you didn't get on your high horse about Gus' team selection when you couldn't even be arsed to go to the game, I wouldn't need to.

Are you as confrontational and humourless in real life? I'm not sure I've seen a single post of yours that suggests a sense of humour but I have seen innumerable posts with put downs and a lack of willingness to accept any tolerance of other people's opinions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here