Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I take offence to this

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
:angry: Leon's quote:

"I am prepared to go anywhere that I feel the management is right and where they play good football. I had no control over Mark McGhee joining the club. Steve Coppell left and went onto bigger and better things"

Do you?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
seems perfectly fair to me

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Who on here would prefer to watch midfield by-passing long ball McCammon running into a post kind of football, OR ball to feet wingers beating men and getting crosses or through balls into skillful strikers to play like we were at the beginning of the season when everyone had a smile on their face football?

Well?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
You should have heard that fucker Dodd on The Saint FM during halftime. Got his presentation, and was on the verge of giving all the Saints fans a personal blowjob for it. Admitted that he thought the Saints fans were the best, and would have liked to have stayed there, and will be going to watch them when he stops playing. Had nothing to say about Brighton at all, except that he was injured and not playing.

That's commitment for you. Wanker.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It makes me laugh that people think Leon will go to a club like Reading and start banging in the goals. I would be suprised if a club like that even came in for him and if they did he would still only score 8 a season. He has all the talent and none of the brains to improve his game. Nobber.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BHA Jordan said:
To be honest I can see him having to drop a Division

Or two...

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he played his best in what was the old 3rd Divi. Ie Hudds Sheff Wed etc etc

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
dave the gaffer said:
he played his best in what was the old 3rd Divi. Ie Hudds Sheff Wed etc etc

Wed were in the old Div 1 when he played for them I believe. He also done f*** all then, just like he did for QPR when he was on loan there in the same Div. He can't hack it at this standard.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
You should have heard that fucker Dodd on The Saint FM during halftime. Got his presentation, and was on the verge of giving all the Saints fans a personal blowjob for it. Admitted that he thought the Saints fans were the best, and would have liked to have stayed there, and will be going to watch them when he stops playing. Had nothing to say about Brighton at all, except that he was injured and not playing.

And collecting a hefty pay cheque too. Can you say Paul Kitson mark II?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He also has to try and convince people he is a regular goalscorer-something he hasn't been for a while.

Also, not many managers are going to want to take on a player who has opinions on who should be playing and telling the staff they don't have a clue and goes public with it.

HampshireSeagulls said:

What Leon has done in trying to undermine Albion is either utterly laughable or quite upsetting depending on your personality, but I don't think we should be looking to lash out at good pros like Dodd. He's an example of why McGhee generally tries to avoid signing ageing pros who are always going to have longer recovery periods from injury.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
So why bring him in? And why did he feel the need to blow smoke up the arses of Southampton fans when he no longer plays for them? We turn on Leon for his misplaced commitment to the team, but surely we should be just as intolerant of Dodd who is quite plainly only here for the money - and we are not even getting a return on him!

HampshireSeagulls said:
So why bring him in? And why did he feel the need to blow smoke up the arses of Southampton fans when he no longer plays for them? We turn on Leon for his misplaced commitment to the team, but surely we should be just as intolerant of Dodd who is quite plainly only here for the money - and we are not even getting a return on him!

I thought the tribute to Dodd was excellent. Odd how as a serviceman you remain unimpressed by these tributes to loyalty and service. Maybe you are a frustrated rebel yourself :)

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
I thought the tribute to Dodd was excellent. Odd how as a serviceman you remain unimpressed by these tributes to loyalty and service. Maybe you are a frustrated rebel yourself :)

why do you feel the need to say things like that?

Does it give you some feeling of superiority over people?

or are you just a very insecure person who feels he needs to vent his spleen on a message board?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here