Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I take offence to this

Ronaldinho said:
Swap Leon for Freddie Eastwood

It would be nice if they were comparable players, but Leon is shop-soiled damaged goods, it will take a lot of skill and luck to even get our £60k-odd back for him.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
HampshireSeagulls said:
So why bring him in? And why did he feel the need to blow smoke up the arses of Southampton fans when he no longer plays for them? We turn on Leon for his misplaced commitment to the team, but surely we should be just as intolerant of Dodd who is quite plainly only here for the money - and we are not even getting a return on him!

A bit unfair that. If Mayo went to, say, Colchester Utd and we played them in the league while Mayo was injured, it wouldn't be beyond the bounds of possibility that Paul Samrah would have him on the match at half-time to chat to. Would you really expect to him to say that his time at Brighton meant nothing and he has no interest in the club? Dodd's remarks are what you'd expect to hear from someone who played for his own team for a long time. At least it proves he has some loyalty.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ronaldinho said:

Swap him for Freddie Kruger, Freddie Flintstone, Freddy Anybody-just get rid of him.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
True. But I hope the club fine him for it.

Jul 20, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
You should have heard that fucker Dodd on The Saint FM during halftime. Got his presentation, and was on the verge of giving all the Saints fans a personal blowjob for it. Admitted that he thought the Saints fans were the best, and would have liked to have stayed there, and will be going to watch them when he stops playing. Had nothing to say about Brighton at all, except that he was injured and not playing.

That's commitment for you. Wanker.

what would you have expected him to say?

shove you presentaion up your arse, the 16 years of top flight football that I spent at at Saints were a f***ing nightmare, I hated every minute - at last my career can pick up now?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
London Irish said:
I thought the tribute to Dodd was excellent. Odd how as a serviceman you remain unimpressed by these tributes to loyalty and service. Maybe you are a frustrated rebel yourself :)

I have been known to fail to conform on a regular basis - but I am more impressed by loyalty to the person paying my wages than by shiny bits of metal - and yes, I've got a few. He could at least have tempered his verbal blow-jobs with at least one reference to Brighton (apart from being injured, getting paid, and not actually doing anything for it!)

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
pevenseagull said:

shove you presentaion up your arse, the 16 years of top flight football that I spent at at Saints were a f***ing nightmare, I hated every minute - at last my career can pick up now?

Not at all - but some reference to the club that pays his wages wouldn't have gone amiss. Especially as we are paying him for doing very little at the moment.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Gwylan said:
A bit unfair that. If Mayo went to, say, Colchester Utd and we played them in the league while Mayo was injured, it wouldn't be beyond the bounds of possibility that Paul Samrah would have him on the match at half-time to chat to. Would you really expect to him to say that his time at Brighton meant nothing and he has no interest in the club? Dodd's remarks are what you'd expect to hear from someone who played for his own team for a long time. At least it proves he has some loyalty.

No - you can't just walk away from a club like that, but you have to show some loyalty to the people who pay your wages. Dodd was horribly gushing, and didn't mention having to get stuck in with his new team, looking forward to getting fit and playing again and repaying some of the wages that we can ill-afford to pay to long term sick-notes.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
So when Magoo goes public about Leon his shit still stinks of roses but when Leon goes public about Magoo it's the death sentence.

Interesting.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I do question what medicals we are giving to players after Kitson, Piercy, Roberts and now Dodd.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
HampshireSeagulls said:
You should have heard that fucker Dodd on The Saint FM during halftime. Got his presentation, and was on the verge of giving all the Saints fans a personal blowjob for it. Admitted that he thought the Saints fans were the best, and would have liked to have stayed there, and will be going to watch them when he stops playing. Had nothing to say about Brighton at all, except that he was injured and not playing.

That's commitment for you. Wanker.

But he isn't playing and he's injured. Do you think the saints fans care about brighton, no they dont, and if he talk did about BHA what would he say, we are 2nd bottom in the league, skint, shit ground and poor training facilities. Great. He spent 16 years there as club captain, did you think he wasnt going to see them play when he retired

dave the gaffer said:
why do you feel the need to say things like that?

Does it give you some feeling of superiority over people?

or are you just a very insecure person who feels he needs to vent his spleen on a message board?

:D You tell me Dave

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ronaldinho said:

We already tried along with several other clubs to get Eastwood. He didn't want to move.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
pevenseagull said:

What he said, what if Sir Bob came back and he refused to comment about the Seagulls and it's fans after the time he spent down on the south Coast coz he doesnt play for us anymore!?

Don't get the problem on what Dodd has said?

:nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I felt Dodd was quite honourable to the Southampton fans especially since the club didn't give him a testimonial all the time he was playing for them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yorkie said:
I felt Dodd was quite honourable to the Southampton fans especially since the club didn't give him a testimonial all the time he was playing for them.
Dodd would still be there if it wasn't for that Redknapp muppet, who forced him out. And sadly, to be honest, it would have been better for all concerned - since we're getting sod all value out of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here