Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I swore I'd never vote in a Euro election, but ....

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I just might go and vote for UKIP tomorrow to send a message to that idiot Blair that we don't want or need to be part of some European super-state.

And it would be pretty radical for me as I think I've only ever voted Tory before .. in national elections.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Who are you voting for, fatbadger? I'm still not sure myself, but I've got four votes (1 euro, 3 council) so I spread it about a bit. But to who?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I can't vote because I moved in March.

:rolleyes:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
I have always voted labour but not this time, I am not going to vote in the local election we only have the usual suspects in Worthing, Lib, Lab, Con and a Sprout, but voting UKIP in Euro election cos I do not want this nation to be part of the US of E, and also it pisses people off and they call me a Nazi, anyway must dash my jackboots need a shine.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Should I have received my ballot paper in the post or do I just turn up at the polling station (or if it should have come in the post can I just turn up anyway)?:dunce:

Robert Kilroy-Silk?

Joan Collins?

Ron Atkinson?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
goldstone said:
I just might go and vote for UKIP tomorrow to send a message to that idiot Blair that we don't want or need to be part of some European super-state.

And it would be pretty radical for me as I think I've only ever voted Tory before .. in national elections.

Pretty radical is one way of putting it. Fcuking stupid is another.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I got the UKIP and BNP election manifestos earlier this week - the first three items on each were identical.

I'm in London so we have a mayoral election; I was going to vote for someone other than Labour but an opinion poll has shown that it's going to be close between Ken and Shagger Norris, so I'd better vote for Ken after all. I don't want to prat around with protest voting as Norris wants to abolish the congestion charge, the only bright idea a UK politician has had in the last decade.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I haven't decided who to vote for yet but I won't be voting Labour again until we get a yes from Prescott.

Labour need to know that they mess with us at their peril!

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
We have to vote by post here - it's going to be a fiasco, only got our papers 12 hours before the final deadline for posting them back. Lot's of people have not had them, and those that have are put off by how complicated it is.
Oh, and the ballot paper doesn't actually fit in the envelope that you are supposed to send it back in!!
How is this supposed to increase turnout?

Dandyman

In London village.
Gwylan said:
I got the UKIP and BNP election manifestos earlier this week - the first three items on each were identical.

I'm in London so we have a mayoral election; I was going to vote for someone other than Labour but an opinion poll has shown that it's going to be close between Ken and Shagger Norris, so I'd better vote for Ken after all. I don't want to prat around with protest voting as Norris wants to abolish the congestion charge, the only bright idea a UK politician has had in the last decade.

Cast my vote in not so sunny north London earlier this morning. Ken for Mayor and Greens in Europe - it is possible to be pro-european and still criticise the EU from a progressive viewpoint.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Dandyman said:
Cast my vote in not so sunny north London earlier this morning. Ken for Mayor and Greens in Europe - it is possible to be pro-european and still criticise the EU from a progressive viewpoint.

Snap. There are lots of things about the EU that piss me off but threatening to leave it is not the way to improve matters.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I shall be voting for the least Barking Mad party.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
goldstone said:

Well, actually I won't be voting after all. Couldn't be bothered this morning and won't be home in time this evening.

Which just about sums up how interesting the Euro and local elections are!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here