Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I sat in the Palace end!!!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
So you may remember my 'Should i go and sit in the Palace end' thread on Monday.

Well i did!! Hurray.

Absolutely top night out. Despite the obvious problem of having to sit still when we scored (i got round this by jumping up in the air and clutching my head in apparent anger!!) the most joyous part of the evening was watching Adam El Abd and CKR winding up the Palace fans all around me while they were warming up. The were f**king furious! At the end of the game CKR came wandering over and laughed at the main protagonist. He responded by shouting "5-0 you seaweed scum". This was greeted by a large round of applause and laughter from the rest of the Albion players!... perfect.

Being that i am usually involved i have to say watching you guys when we scored was bloody awesome. A one minute sea of screaming faces and flailing arms and legs!! Beautiful to watch (wipes emotional tear from face!!)

To be fair to the Palace fans their anger was mainly aimed at their own players at the end. "Do you know what this means to us Dowie?" being a highlight.

I wouldn't want to do it again but to be there for this particular game was a rare treat....

x

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I have to say although I thoroughly enjoyed myself in the sea of flailing and arms and legs, I would have loved to have seen it from the other side!! - I dont suppose you videod it on your mobile Gripper?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Well done Gripper, it ain't good to have to temper the emotions. I have done it twice at Swindon, once for the play-off game and the previous time for a League Cup match, it was difficult for the former, in the latter we were destroyed my Jan Aage Fjortoft. Oh, just remembered being in the away end at Brentford when we beat them in the Cup some years ago, Nelson scored a screamer, but would probably draw the line at Palace (despite being up to date with all my jabs, Tetanus, Polio, Hep A/B and Rabies, etc, etc)...

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
gripper stebson said:
So you may remember my 'Should i go and sit in the Palace end' thread on Monday.

Well i did!! Hurray.

Absolutely top night out. Despite the obvious problem of having to sit still when we scored (i got round this by jumping up in the air and clutching my head in apparent anger!!) the most joyous part of the evening was watching Adam El Abd and CKR winding up the Palace fans all around me while they were warming up. The were f**king furious! At the end of the game CKR came wandering over and laughed at the main protagonist. He responded by shouting "5-0 you seaweed scum". This was greeted by a large round of applause and laughter from the rest of the Albion players!... perfect.

Being that i am usually involved i have to say watching you guys when we scored was bloody awesome. A one minute sea of screaming faces and flailing arms and legs!! Beautiful to watch (wipes emotional tear from face!!)

To be fair to the Palace fans their anger was mainly aimed at their own players at the end. "Do you know what this means to us Dowie?" being a highlight.

I wouldn't want to do it again but to be there for this particular game was a rare treat....

x
It could have been you being thrown onto the pithch instead of a bottle of water had you jumped up!!! Was it nice to sit under cover.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Sorry no mobile film... may have aroused suspicion!!

Another thing i forgot to mention is that i spotted the linesman flag straight away (he was 3 yards from me ) when Morrison scored. Watching gleefully as the Palace fans celebrated was another highlight!

x

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
gripper stebson said:

Well i did!! Hurray.

x

I was also in the Holmesdale which is quite amusing as the Arthur Waite blocks out the corner of the pitch so its like tennis where you have to watch jumbotron to see whats going on and then the pitch.

I have to say the Palace fans in our bit were very voiciferous. But it was amusing as they vented spleen on their own fans/team. Puts us withdean whingers to shame...

What made me laugh is that Palace cant organise a piss up in a brewery. I had work season tickets and yet Palace had sold these tickets to some other punters. Cue having to sit in other part of the stand.

They really are desperate for cash. What a bunch of muppets.

Last edited:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
You were one of the lucky ones. A brighton fan was spotted in the Holmesdale by one of the 'older lads' and was chased all the way to the toilets. I dread to think what happened to him...

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
gripper stebson said:

Well i did!! Hurray.

i was in the family enclosure with a palace friend saw that happing with El Abd where abouts was you .
x

whereabouts were u gripper .. i was in family enclosure near corner flag at front .. it all looked like itwas gonna kick off

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I thought the game was at Sellhurst, not the Cottage...

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
eagles #1 said:
You were one of the lucky ones. A brighton fan was spotted in the Holmesdale by one of the 'older lads' and was chased all the way to the toilets. I dread to think what happened to him...
On second thoughts...he pobably enjoyed it ;)

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
gripper stebson said:

Well i did!! Hurray.

x

Brave little Seaweed aren't you. Bless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here