Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I personally would never boo my team...."

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
It is all a bit sad isn't it, in fact it is laughable. Bit like being at a Pantomine.

It's not in any way laughable at all If Gus leaves because he realises that the Brighton fans are stupid twats. The new fans at Amex can't come quick enough

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's not in any way laughable at all If Gus leaves because he realises that the Brighton fans are stupid twats. The new fans at Amex can't come quick enough

The thing is, I think they'll be many more newcomers who will boo if we don't tonk all-comers by several goals. Sadly, it seems to be creeping into football more & more these days. :annoyed:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The best booing I ever saw was when I watched Man City play in their one season in the third division against some cloggers such as Hartlepool. City went 1-0 down in the second half, on the back of some shite results, and the Kippax sang in unison 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' and you could see the players physically shrink and cower.

Personally I wouldn't boo, especially at half time, and even more so if it was a team of stiffs. I did go to Northampton and we were toilet, but ultimately I see the big picture with Gus at the top and us going up, and if we have to put out a poor team in the cups to achieve that then so be it.

I don't think any of the players on Saturday deliberately set out to play poorly, though some of them might be poor players, and others out of form.

Gus sees them in training each day, we don't, and I for one trust in his judgement, the team that went out on Saturday SHOULD have won, but sometimes things conspire against you. We all have bad days at work, but it doesn't justify someone who can't do our jobs booing us IMO.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Fair enough.

Personally I think there are occasions when booing is appropriate, where the team have performed particularly badly, no effort etc. The most recent 4-0 at Brentford being one, the 1-0 at Stoke another. Sometimes silence at the final whistle just doesn't get the message across.

Saturday, and Woking prior to that, were definitely NOT worthy of boos.

the 4-0 at brentford? was that the year we won the play offs? i was there that year and yes we were shite that game but i couldnt belive the shit the players were getting off our fans. i accept it when were at home (because of the moany twats at home) but not away. think i nearly had a fight with other brighton fans that day. What a joke.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Word Origin & History

boo
"to startle," early 15c., boh , "A combination of consonant and vowel especially fitted to produce a loud and startling sound" [OED, which compares L. boare , Gk. boaein "to cry aloud, roar, shout."]; as an expression of disapproval, 1801 (n.), 1816 (v.); hence, the verb meaning "shower someone with boos" (1893). To say boo "open one's mouth, speak," originally was to say boo to a goose .

the 4-0 at brentford? was that the year we won the play offs? i was there that year and yes we were shite that game but i couldnt belive the shit the players were getting off our fans. i accept it when were at home (because of the moany twats at home) but not away. think i nearly had a fight with other brighton fans that day. What a joke.

That's the one, just before McGhee joined. In my eyes the performance that night in my eyes was absolutely abysmal, no fight whatsoever. I can take us playing shite, we've seen it enough over the years, but I can't accept it when they simply look like they don't care. Didn't boo at all during the game but made a point of staying until then end to vent my spleen. Sames goes for Stoke away the previous season and of course THAT 5-0.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
That's the one, just before McGhee joined. In my eyes the performance that night in my eyes was absolutely abysmal, no fight whatsoever. I can take us playing shite, we've seen it enough over the years, but I can't accept it when they simply look like they don't care. Didn't boo at all during the game but made a point of staying until then end to vent my spleen. Sames goes for Stoke away the previous season and of course THAT 5-0.

agree, it was a pony showing by us but i still would not leave a game after going a goal behind.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
The best booing I ever saw was when I watched Man City play in their one season in the third division against some cloggers such as Hartlepool. City went 1-0 down in the second half, on the back of some shite results, and the Kippax sang in unison 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' and you could see the players physically shrink and cower.

Personally I wouldn't boo, especially at half time, and even more so if it was a team of stiffs. I did go to Northampton and we were toilet, but ultimately I see the big picture with Gus at the top and us going up, and if we have to put out a poor team in the cups to achieve that then so be it.

I don't think any of the players on Saturday deliberately set out to play poorly, though some of them might be poor players, and others out of form.

Gus sees them in training each day, we don't, and I for one trust in his judgement, the team that went out on Saturday SHOULD have won, but sometimes things conspire against you. We all have bad days at work, but it doesn't justify someone who can't do our jobs booing us IMO.

Whole heartedly agree with that. :thumbsup:

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
booing upsets players. last week my team were loudly booed when they came off after a 4-0 drubbing. one of our strikers was actually in tears after hearing our supporters do that. but i told him he needed to toughen up if he wanted to carry on playing for the worthing utd under 8`s .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here