Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I personally would never boo my team...."

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Two men in their mid sixties nearly got into a fight with some twenty year old tosser who was booing and called Bennet a C---. But he did a runner before we could reach him. NEVER BOO YOUR TEAM. ITS NOT BIG, ITS NOT CLEVER, AND IT SURE DONT f***ing HELP!

The point of this isn't whether it's right to boo the team or not it's the fact we're 4 points clear have a great sought after manager and a great team 10 times better than the team we had 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 years ago.

I booed after several games under MgHee at Withers when he'd lost the plot and the team were pathetic. They deserved to be booed a few times back then - the 1 - 6 vs Stoke is a prime example - no passion or effort = deserved to be booed IMO.

But to be booed at the mo when we're top of the lg? No way.

Indeed.

But I did applaud FCUM (not the best acronym is it) off the field for a tremendous result.

That's what the Cup is all about!

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
If you don't like what see booing is not the answer, never has been never will be. If we boo after every bad game then what does that achieve, it does not help the players at all if we are not behind them who is.

Don't clap them off if your not happy but booing GROW UP.

Booing is for children at the panto!!!!!

If you don't like what see booing is not the answer, never has been never will be. If we boo after every bad game then what does that achieve, it does not help the players at all if we are not behind them who is.

Don't clap them off if your not happy but booing GROW UP.

Booing is for children at the panto!!!!!

So you've never booed an opposition player or the referee?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It would take a hell of a lot worse performance than Saturday for me to boo. Even a terrible performance doesn't really deserve it because even then it's either that A) The players just aren't good enough so booing will just demoralise and make things worse, or B) It's just been one of those days where nothing works, shit happens sometimes.

I'd only consider booing if the whole team had been so lazy, not put in any effort and generally didn't look like they actually wanted to win a game. I'm not sure that's happened too often in my 15 years of supporting BHAFC

Sorry re-phrase never boo your own team.

Fair enough.

Personally I think there are occasions when booing is appropriate, where the team have performed particularly badly, no effort etc. The most recent 4-0 at Brentford being one, the 1-0 at Stoke another. Sometimes silence at the final whistle just doesn't get the message across.

Saturday, and Woking prior to that, were definitely NOT worthy of boos.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It would take a hell of a lot worse performance than Saturday for me to boo. Even a terrible performance doesn't really deserve it because even then it's either that A) The players just aren't good enough so booing will just demoralise and make things worse, or B) It's just been one of those days where nothing works, shit happens sometimes.

I'd only consider booing if the whole team had been so lazy, not put in any effort and generally didn't look like they actually wanted to win a game. I'm not sure that's happened too often in my 15 years of supporting BHAFC

Here's 2 examples I'd use from recent ish times:

Stoke City Home - LOST 1 - 6 - pathetic performance and management that day. Very embarrassing - deserve to be booed off the Withers Pitch.

Wigan Athletic Home - LOST 2 - 4 (I think) - Wigan were rampent and going up and top by a fair way I believe (in the old div 1 so Championship). We were 3 - 0 down within about 12 mins but it was clear the opposition were a class above us. We even made a credible fightback to 2 - 4 and won the 2nd half if memory serves me right. No booing required as it was simply a case of being outplayed and not a case of little / no effort as it was in the Stoke game...

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Never booed, however frustrated I am at the performance I'd feel like a twat for doing so.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Fair enough.

Personally I think there are occasions when booing is appropriate, where the team have performed particularly badly, no effort etc. The most recent 4-0 at Brentford being one, the 1-0 at Stoke another. Sometimes silence at the final whistle just doesn't get the message across.

Saturday, and Woking prior to that, were definitely NOT worthy of boos.

Yeah, I see where your coming from. When the team has no passion , no interest etc then I can see silence may not be the answer. The last few games against the non - league teams, I am not saying we played well they were more up for it than us, Saturday for example if there keeper had not had the game of his life then we would be talking about scoring 4 +, so booing on Sat I feel was totally unacceptable, but if Benno had scored the pen would they still have booed I doubt it!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Stoke City Home - LOST 1 - 6 - pathetic performance and management that day. Very embarrassing - deserve to be booed off the Withers Pitch.

Wigan Athletic Home - LOST 2 - 4 (I think) - Wigan were rampent and going up and top by a fair way I believe (in the old div 1 so Championship). We were 3 - 0 down within about 12 mins but it was clear the opposition were a class above us. We even made a credible fightback to 2 - 4 and won the 2nd half if memory serves me right. No booing required as it was simply a case of being outplayed and not a case of little / no effort as it was in the Stoke game...

What about when we were DESTROYED 4-0 at home by CREWE two years ago?

What about when we lost 1-0 to Walsall's NINE MEN?

What about the 2-1 shambles to Mansfield in the Cup.

Not one for booing, but wouldn't have questionned anyone who did, after any of those awful, awful games.

I pay me twenty quid. if they don't want what comes with it, they don't have to take it.

and when you've seen your club raped by mis-management and then crash out of all three cup competitions in a week, whilst langiuishing at the bottom of the table, booing feels quite constructive!

Jameson

I would never boo my team; I just shut up and sod off. I stay if they do well and clap them off, otherwise I go. I happily boo the opposition if they cheat or the officials if they are rubbish.

I certainly booed after that Wigan game as some lying, "nothing better to do" copper got my car towed. I booed all the way to some shitty dump in Shoreham when I had to paid some scroat £120 to get my feckin car back. Booooo. Irony was that if I'de left at half time when we wuz 0-4 I would have avoided the whole catastrophe.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
The only person I've booed or abused at the Albion is Bellotti

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The problem,I think,is the team's success this season and many people not coming to terms with the team selection.Big wins at Peterboro and Charlton means 10 - 0 against a semi pro team.To see some quite old players,esp those not near the first team,mixed with some young and some first teamers struggling in a game that is turn up and win is a bit too much for some to bear even at reduced prices.

I do not agree with the manager on this selection policy,and many on here have pointed out the importance - even this season - and the magic of the fa cup.But I'm not the manager,Mr Poyet is,and his view therefore carries more weight.

But boo your own team ? Not until HELL freezes over.(Better check on that,I suppose !)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here