Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Need A Wii Urgently

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Trouble is how many of these wiis that woolworths had have gone to families that want one for christmas and how many have gone to the 'touts'?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
How can that be, given Nintendo are supplying no more Wiis to the UK before Christmas?

Or are people just making that up?

I think it safe to say that people are making that up:thumbsup:

Conveniently though, Woolies were only selling the wii's in a £295 bundle. Bastards. I expect the other shops are doing the same now to cash in

edit: unless you are accusing me of lying, which i definitely am not!:D

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
How can that be, given Nintendo are supplying no more Wiis to the UK before Christmas?

Or are people just making that up?

I can verify what Withdean Wanderer has said to be entirely true.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it safe to say that people are making that up:thumbsup:

Shocking.

Conveniently though, Woolies were only selling the wii's in a £295 bundle. Bastards. I expect the other shops are doing the same now to cash in

A common tactic and a small price to pay if you want one of the machines. At the worst, knock the games out on eBay and you won't lose a great deal on the software.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I can sort of understand why they initially sent limited supplies to this country to create demand but why do it a year down the road, especially with PS3s now available?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can sort of understand why they initially sent limited supplies to this country to create demand but why do it a year down the road, especially with PS3s now available?

As I asked earlier - do you have a source for this "Nintendo are holding back stock" line, or are you just making it up?

Why on earth would they do that?!?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I actually think demand is genuinely outstripping supply, almost everyone I know is either looking for one or has one already. I'm just glad I was lucky enough to walk into game the day they got a delivery.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Argos, Amazon and a couple of othe rplace had stock this morning which means there are still plenty coming in to the country, people just have to keep watching and act quickly when they are in stock.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
good cartoon in the Metro this mornin:

Little girl sat on father Christmas's knee saying to him.....

"........and can you kill those bastards on EBAY selling Wii's please...."

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
in stock-but overpriced on littlewoods now at £260

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
As I asked earlier - do you have a source for this "Nintendo are holding back stock" line, or are you just making it up?

Why on earth would they do that?!?

I agree it doesn't make sense. They must be:

1. Not making enough
2. Not sending enough to the UK

or

3. They are sending supplying enough and the shops are holding them back

To be honest unless there is a component shortage (explaining 1) none really make sense!

Also, in most consoles money is made on the games and accessories so a lack of consoles would limit sales of these.

I really don't understand it!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I agree it doesn't make sense. They must be:

1. Not making enough
2. Not sending enough to the UK

or

3. They are sending supplying enough and the shops are holding them back

To be honest unless there is a component shortage (explaining 1) none really make sense!

Also, in most consoles money is made on the games and accessories so a lack of consoles would limit sales of these.

I really don't understand it!

I think Nintendo themselves have said that it is 1. Like all companies they set a quota for what they think they will sell in the year. They then base all their contracts around this number. If they want to increase this number, they either need a lot of lead time, or to spend a lot more money. They can't just magic units up from thin air.

They've got no interest in restricting supply. They don't make any more profit if ebayers sell them for £250 and they make more money from the games than the consoles.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks like there's a shortage of DSs as well - thought about maybe getting a (pink) one for my daughter and none of the usual online merchants seem to have them. On Amazon marketplace, sellers have them at prices above the regular shop price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here