Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I met Madejkski this afternoon

ASCOT SEAGULL

Oct 7, 2003
Ascot
DECAFE Matt,to answer you're reply,Salako did not say where he was going and i did not catch all the talk as the tables are spaced out and with other people talking it created a bigger atmos than they get inside the ground on match day.
But what i did catch was that he felt that he had 18 months left in him,but did not know where he stood because of the pardew situation,he said he was fit and felt that he could do a job for somebody,but seemed more keen to move into TV but the agent was promising nothing.
He also said(in a nice way)that Pardew was the most arrogant manager he had played under,this stemmed from when he played and as assistant manager.He called himself the king and would run into the changing room shouting ok the king is here.Useless at tactics(compared him to Martin o Neill) but a great motivator and this is why he had success,if he told you that you were the greatest full back in the world you ran out believing it.

Keith B Wetherill

Oct 6, 2003
Helsinki,Finland
What I find amazing in all this is the silence of our revered chairman,What is Booker doing commenting on players condition etc,Where is the manager?is he away negotiating?is he on BHA business? is he just leading everyone on?
On Saturday he said the only negative was the possibility of bad news from Prescott,well he knew all that when he signed his CONTRACT that short while ago!!!
If SC goes,every fan in this club should write to Madjeski explaining what a class hypocrite he is...
Sadly the only people to come out of this with any gain is Reading fans.. SC is twice the manager Pardew will ever be..

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Makes no difference if it is true or not - it still lightened up the day.

cyber seagull

Jul 18, 2003
Ah that old chesnut of post counts....

All you big posters seem to have a problem with anyone who comes in with any information who happens to have a small post count. Maybe us Damian Hilton's prefer to post relevant information/views about Albion related subjects rather than just the contents of our sandwiches.

Remember you all had a post count of 1 once! I just wish some had stayed that way.

I await your abuse......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sounds a reasonably credible story to me. I don't think the question is so much whether Ascot is lying, as whether Madejski was?

He wouldn't necessarily be at talks, because I would think the Chief Exec would handle that stuff.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Quite agree true blue.

I don't suppose madejski has a clue what is going on. He'll be told when the deal is done I should imagine.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
cyber seagull said:
Ah that old chesnut of post counts....

All you big posters seem to have a problem with anyone who comes in with any information who happens to have a small post count. Maybe us Damian Hilton's prefer to post relevant information/views about Albion related subjects rather than just the contents of our sandwiches.

Remember you all had a post count of 1 once! I just wish some had stayed that way.

I await your abuse......

It's just a joke. Anyone who has a low post count will always get the same treatment to get a rise

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Considering the amount of utter rubbish that has been speculated on this topic, this is as believable as any ( or as unbelievable as any ).

I'm starting to become totally sceptical about EVERYTHING I read on NSC these days, which is a great shame, because in the good old days, the people who posted on here generally had something worth saying. Whereas nowadays, NSC might as well be ' Sunday Sport ' or ' News of the World ' Chat - most of what is being written is uniformed and pure speculation. Can't you lot put that kind of stuff on Rivals - at least we can then give it the disdain some of this nonsense deserves.

The silence from Dick Knight and John Madejski is deafening ! I propose a gossip embargo until the facts are made public.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
basically nothing official has been announced either way as yet so until that moment arrives everything that anyone says is speculation and should be treated accordingly. Nice story either way though.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
great post ascot! i believe what u say!but whether a lie or not, its made me happy for the moment!

stevie coppells blue and white army

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I believe you Ascot. I think I need to believe you to be honest, because I can't see us getting a replacement who will do a better job.

Besides which, I've always noticed your posts in the past.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Top effort Ascot :)

I'd love to believe it's true, and a small part of me has a sneaking suspicion it just might be; but even if it's not, it's a classic of the football/internet wild rumour/story genre.

:)

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
The longer this goes on, the better the chances of SC staying......and DK is absolutely right to keep quiet about it until he has something definitive to say - he's never let us down yet.

He hasn't gone yet !!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
34064 Fighter Command said:
I'm starting to become totally sceptical about EVERYTHING I read on NSC these days, which is a great shame, because in the good old days, the people who posted on here generally had something worth saying. Whereas nowadays, NSC might as well be ' Sunday Sport ' or ' News of the World ' Chat - most of what is being written is uniformed and pure speculation. Can't you lot put that kind of stuff on Rivals - at least we can then give it the disdain some of this nonsense deserves.

The silence from Dick Knight and John Madejski is deafening ! I propose a gossip embargo until the facts are made public.

Here here fighter.

It's here we go again time.I can't be arsed to get my hopes up again Ascot.So sorry mate,nice guy, but bullshit.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Getting wound up about 'gossip' on a chat site is pretty pointless - in the absence of access to the facts, what else are people going to do?

Most on here were sceptical about Robert Lester Zamora until his posts proved unusually perspicacious, so let's wait and see shall we?

The silence from Knight doesn't signify anything in particular to me. What's the man supposed to do? Keep Joe Public up to date with daily blow-by-blow accounts of his discussions with Coppell? We'd keep managers for even less time than we already do, if he behaved like that. He'll say something when there's something to say.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I believe because I want to believe!

ASCOT SEAGULL

Oct 7, 2003
Ascot
I am a 40 year old with blue and white stripes going through me like a stick of your rock,i have 30 years of supporting the Albion behind me since my old man rust proofed the old north stand (did'nt do a good job did he) in Pat Sawards days and Frankie Howard let me kick a ball around the pitch.I suffer withdrawl symptoms if we have no midweek game and if i have no ticket i get my fix by waiting for the goals to go in on soccer saturday and that horrible feeling of waiting for the final score to flash up when we are winning with 10 mins to go.I am sick of the way our club has been treated lately by certain people considering all we have had to put up with in the past,enough is enough, and yesterday was the final straw and that is why i went to reading.I did not expect to see Madejksi but i did and i am glad that i got it out of my system,whether or not he bullshitted me or i found something out i dont know,but one things for sure,i am not bullshitting you guys (still no news) i would not do that to the same people that spend thousands travelling all over the country and stand next to me singing and shouting with passion over a serious subject as this,all i wanted to do was let you know what happened because i thought that is what NSC is all about.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Don't fret so! I believe you ASCOT - partly cos I want to, and partly cos it's just about plausible.

Time will tell if I'm a mug or not :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here