Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I love this club whatever happens thread

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
eastlondonseagull said:
Cheers AJ, you've bagged yourself an invite to the wake there mate ;)

Reckon when I die, I'll still turn up at Falmer / Withdean / Crawley or wherever it is we're playing, haunting the players. Crikey, maybe that's what we need - a spook to frighten them into shooting :)

Keep the faith fella you are nowhere near doomed yet, Wednesday are in freefall, Crewe and Millwall wont get out of it so it aint all lost by a long chalk

dull boy

Oct 11, 2005
eagles #1 said:
Going down, going down going down going down. :clap2: :clap2:

We very well may be 2 divisions apart next season, dont worry you can watch us on Match of the Day at 10:35pm every Saturday. *If we win the play offs* :p

i dont know if your reading this now lander14 but this is when its alright to tell palace to f*** off

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
XooX said:
I'm fairly resigned to relegation now since the facts and stats highlight how bad we are this season.

6 wins in 49 games is piss poor.

No striker capable of scoring regularly.

Unable to score more than 1 or 2 goals for about the last 2 years.

A team made up mainly of boys and old men or duffers. Seb Carole & Frutos excepted.

A manager seemingly bereft of tactical nous and unable to keep faith with a side when they lose and pick the same team twice to give them a chance to put things right.

An old past it chairman without a pot to piss in and unable to provide a decent playing budget.

We are 2nd bottom because we deserve to be there, its that simple. Excuses about playing well but not being able to convert draws into wins are tired and overused and quite frankly i'm sick of them. Likewise, tepid excuses about not being able to attract players because of Withdean etc etc are crap as well since if offered enough money we could have secured the services of all our transfer targets.

Anyway, the facts are there and plain for all to see. We cannot hide from them and can't afford to give up until relegation is 'Mathematically certain'.

I propose we accept our fate whatever it may be and just have a bloody good laugh while we are at it. Rather than boo or criticise the players if they have a mare I simply will not clap or praise them. At the end of the day, it is not a matter of life or death and we've been here before and recovered and will do so again.

Just remember those dark dark days of playing at the Pikey's Pissfield Stadium and get it all in perspective!!

Agreed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
XooX said:
I'm fairly resigned to relegation now since the facts and stats highlight how bad we are this season.

6 wins in 49 games is piss poor.

No striker capable of scoring regularly.

Unable to score more than 1 or 2 goals for about the last 2 years.

A team made up mainly of boys and old men or duffers. Seb Carole & Frutos excepted.

A manager seemingly bereft of tactical nous and unable to keep faith with a side when they lose and pick the same team twice to give them a chance to put things right.

An old past it chairman without a pot to piss in and unable to provide a decent playing budget.

We are 2nd bottom because we deserve to be there, its that simple. Excuses about playing well but not being able to convert draws into wins are tired and overused and quite frankly i'm sick of them. Likewise, tepid excuses about not being able to attract players because of Withdean etc etc are crap as well since if offered enough money we could have secured the services of all our transfer targets.

Anyway, the facts are there and plain for all to see. We cannot hide from them and can't afford to give up until relegation is 'Mathematically certain'.

I propose we accept our fate whatever it may be and just have a bloody good laugh while we are at it. Rather than boo or criticise the players if they have a mare I simply will not clap or praise them. At the end of the day, it is not a matter of life or death and we've been here before and recovered and will do so again.

Just remember those dark dark days of playing at the Pikey's Pissfield Stadium and get it all in perspective!!

Sums our situation up quite well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here