Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I love this club whatever happens thread

1066gull

I don't care where we go from here in the short term, as long as we are still alive for my childrens generation as well as mine.

It doesn't matter who is playing, managing or running the club. I will have at least 70 more enjoyable years of supporting this club.

During that time, all people who stay loyal will see the good times arrive, as much as my previous generation witnessed in the 1970's.

Remember... Fans are for life, managers aren't.

:albion: :albion: :albion:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
We've been in much worse situations than this over the years. It looks like we're on our way back down but at least we're not on the brink of dropping out of the league and folding.
Real supporters are for life.:albion:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well copied.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A van der Meyde said:
I don't care where we go from here in the short term, as long as we are still alive for my childrens generation as well as mine.

It doesn't matter who is playing, managing or running the club. I will have at least 70 more enjoyable years of supporting this club.

During that time, all people who stay loyal will see the good times arrive, as much as my previous generation witnessed in the 1970's.

Remember... Fans are for life, managers aren't.

:albion: :albion: :albion:

Must admit, I can't fault your post. However much I may rant and rave about the current situation, I will always be a Brighton fan, come thick or thin.

But I hate you for pointing out you have longer left to enjoy it than me. 70 years ? ? ? Even if I live that long, I don't think I'll be going to football when I'm 111 years old !!!!!

1066gull

How old are you pasty? Did you witness the FA Cup Final or the good days of the 1970's?

There are plenty of great times I have missed that you have witnessed.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I'm fairly resigned to relegation now since the facts and stats highlight how bad we are this season.

6 wins in 49 games is piss poor.

No striker capable of scoring regularly.

Unable to score more than 1 or 2 goals for about the last 2 years.

A team made up mainly of boys and old men or duffers. Seb Carole & Frutos excepted.

A manager seemingly bereft of tactical nous and unable to keep faith with a side when they lose and pick the same team twice to give them a chance to put things right.

An old past it chairman without a pot to piss in and unable to provide a decent playing budget.

We are 2nd bottom because we deserve to be there, its that simple. Excuses about playing well but not being able to convert draws into wins are tired and overused and quite frankly i'm sick of them. Likewise, tepid excuses about not being able to attract players because of Withdean etc etc are crap as well since if offered enough money we could have secured the services of all our transfer targets.

Anyway, the facts are there and plain for all to see. We cannot hide from them and can't afford to give up until relegation is 'Mathematically certain'.

I propose we accept our fate whatever it may be and just have a bloody good laugh while we are at it. Rather than boo or criticise the players if they have a mare I simply will not clap or praise them. At the end of the day, it is not a matter of life or death and we've been here before and recovered and will do so again.

Just remember those dark dark days of playing at the Pikey's Pissfield Stadium and get it all in perspective!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If you click on his name you will see his birthday.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A van der Meyde said:
How old are you pasty? Did you witness the FA Cup Final or the good days of the 1970's?

There are plenty of great times I have missed that you have witnessed.

I'll give you a clue. I said I would be 111 if I had your 70 years of watching Albion left.

Oh, and yes & yes to your other 2 questions. First game in 1974.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Going down, going down going down going down. :clap2: :clap2:

We very well may be 2 divisions apart next season, dont worry you can watch us on Match of the Day at 10:35pm every Saturday. *If we win the play offs* :p

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
eagles #1 said:

We very well may be 2 divisions apart next season, dont worry you can watch us on Match of the Day at 10:35pm every Saturday. *If we win the play offs* :p

No truth in the rumour that Bill Archer is buying the freehold of Selhurst from Ron Noades then ? That would give you some Focus.

1066gull

eagles #1 said:

You will lose to Ipswich or Preston in the Ply-offs - depends who gets final place.

XooX said:
I'm fairly resigned to relegation now since the facts and stats highlight how bad we are this season.

6 wins in 49 games is piss poor.

No striker capable of scoring regularly.

Unable to score more than 1 or 2 goals for about the last 2 years.

A team made up mainly of boys and old men or duffers. Seb Carole & Frutos excepted.

A manager seemingly bereft of tactical nous and unable to keep faith with a side when they lose and pick the same team twice to give them a chance to put things right.

An old past it chairman without a pot to piss in and unable to provide a decent playing budget.

We are 2nd bottom because we deserve to be there, its that simple. Excuses about playing well but not being able to convert draws into wins are tired and overused and quite frankly i'm sick of them. Likewise, tepid excuses about not being able to attract players because of Withdean etc etc are crap as well since if offered enough money we could have secured the services of all our transfer targets.

Anyway, the facts are there and plain for all to see. We cannot hide from them and can't afford to give up until relegation is 'Mathematically certain'.

I propose we accept our fate whatever it may be and just have a bloody good laugh while we are at it. Rather than boo or criticise the players if they have a mare I simply will not clap or praise them. At the end of the day, it is not a matter of life or death and we've been here before and recovered and will do so again.

Just remember those dark dark days of playing at the Pikey's Pissfield Stadium and get it all in perspective!!
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Maybe it's time for fancy dress?

brighton-frocks.jpg

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
agreed LB lets all have a party for the last home games balloons, wigs, inflatables etc If we are going down we might as well enjoy it :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
and put me down for Thingybob Wilmott-Brown.

The Dagmar for beers afterwards, anyone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here