Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know this sounds like bollocks but

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I cant believe i just sat through TEN pages of of complete bollocks just to find out a couple of people are loosing their jobs.

This is the biggest load of shit i have ever read on NSC.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
junior said:
This is the biggest load of shit i have ever read on NSC.

OK, so it's not exactly earth shattering news (unless you are one of those immediately effected)... but surely you have read much worse SHIT on NSC than this ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't know the individuals involved and I don't know their personal circumstance or indeed why these two individuals were picked. But I think it will be very rich if people complaining that staff are being made redundant were also complaining and demanding that ticket prices were lowered.

Cuts have to be made somewhere.

Ps It is always sad when people lose their jobs. I have a lot of time for all of the Albion shop/ticket staff. They do a sterling job in difficult circumstances.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Lord Bracknell said:
I can't for the life of me see how stirring NSC up is supposed to help in this situation.

Spot on.

DTG = arse.

(Anybody who calls themselves 'The Gaffer' is an Arse anyway)

Either post what you know or don't post at all. What an attention seeking cock of the highest order.

Personally I'm just sorry for the people who appear to be losing their jobs.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Spot on.

DTG = arse.

(Anybody who calls themselves 'The Gaffer' is an Arse anyway)

Either post what you know or don't post at all. What an attention seeking cock of the highest order.

Personally I'm just sorry for the people who appear to be losing their jobs.

To be honest, I think that's a little unfair.

The post wasn't like that, just a spur of the moment thing about something he obviously feels very strongly about.

It was hardly I know a secret, but can't tell you. More like somethings really pissed me off and I can't tell you yet, but I'd really like to.

I also found it a bit misrepresentative to suggest he one of those "oooh... I'm really in with the club me, I'd love to tell yer..."

Quite obviously by sitting alongside Ian Hart he isn't is he ?

There is a little too much of that on here sometimes, it's never meant in a bad way since we all want what's best for the club.

However, sometimes, just sometimes perhaps a few people need to think whether the post is about the club, or is it about "the club and me.."

Dave The Gaffer isn't in that category.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
DTG may have strong personal reasons for being upset and let's face it he's never slow in giving his opinions. If people choose to respond it's up to them.

Let's face it the club seems to be full of sales, marketing, commercial and shop managers..........yet losses continue to increase. We can't even break even with a full house and next season the crowds will be lower than this, unless we start winning.

The club must cut costs by reducing the wage bill and waste - on and off the pitch.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Been away for a few days and this thread did exactly what DTG wanted - grabbed my attention. Why o why did I take the bait? (though some of the sarchy replies are very good indeed!)

If it really is about redundancies then that's very sad for the individuals but hardly shocking news? Moreover you Mr Gaffer ought to be ashamed of yourself for playing a most unhelpful role in their unfortunate circumstances. As someone said earlier how this thread's supposed to help them I don't know. I'd certainly be lived if you'd done this and I was in their shoes - what were you thinking of?

Even if it's something utterly different, all you've done in my eyes is compound your SCR 'appearances' as an attention seeking amateur. So take some advice. Take a back seat and stop building your reputation amongst the (relatively) silent NSC majority who now look upon you as a bit of a prize prat. Sorry if I'm way off the mark old chap, but perception is reality you know?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The ticket office staff don't work for free. I've lost my job before, you just go and get another one, that's life. Just because it's a football club people act differently, when in reality it's only a job in a clothes shop, there's plenty of those to be had.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
portlock seagull said:
Sorry if I'm way off the mark old chap, but perception is reality you know?

Surely perception is perception, and reality is reality.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Look, I'm sure DTG has family and friends who will tell you what a good bloke he is, helps old ladies across the road etc blah blah etc. But I'm not his family and friends, just one of many who are starting to think he's getting a bit too 'super-fan'. And you've gotta admit, if you rank people as "sound, solid, alright, nob or c***" he's definately sliding towards the right of the scale with this thread?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
IF it is redundancies, then it is sad for the individuals involved but companies do restructure all the time. It is a bit rich that people complain about season ticket holders thinking they rule the universe because they bank roll the club during the summer and not going to Withdean as it is a dump then complain when the club might have to cutback!

Has no relevancy for Falmer, as they can't recruit again.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
League1Champions said:
Brainless Southerners if you read the last page first like a smart Northerner you could of saved yourself 10 minutes.

Smart Northener? Not with grammatical errors like "could of".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here