Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wooaahh there Leslie

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
"We have a great squad, I truely believe one of the best squads in this division"

That I agree with. Which is why when you couple it with the fact that if Colchester win their game in hand we will only be two points of the relegation zone I start doubting Adams.

A decent cup run? One unexpected win over Man City, I'm not sure that counts as a run.

I'm not saying Adams should be sacked. I'd give him until the end of the season unless there looks like a real danger in us getting relegated.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am incredulous , incredulous at the stick our manager, Micky Adams has been getting. Whats going on ?. We are around mid table in the league, had a decent cup run taking on Man City and Derby and holding our own and have a great chance of a Wembley final in the paint pot. The FA Cup was a dissapointment but hardly worth losing any sleep over.

I have already seen more entertainment at Withdean this season than the whole of last season, ie 3 games when BHAFC actually played well and entertained, Man City, Leicester, Millwall.

We have a great squad, I truely believe one of the best squads in this division and when the cogs and wheels start working in unison we are going to batter some teams. I predict in the 2nd half of this season we will be one of the top 3 teams in this league and will end up with a very strong challenge for the play offs. I think we will end up 5th or 6th come May.

Adams has brought in some great loanees, Thornton and Johnson should both be playing regular championship football, McLeod has potential but is a sick note, Savage was a tidy player and AnyAnswer I believe is a good addition to the squad. The jury is out on Hawkins lets be honest.

Elphick, Murray, Forster and Kuipers are all championship players, Sullivan shows great potential and the rest of the squad should hold their own at this level.

We have played this season under Adams 24 with 7 wins 10 draws and 7 losses, 37 for 36 against so why the panic ?, why the ridiculous calls for Adams head ?, why the dis loyalty to a manager who deserves far better from the supporters than this shit.

Looking at that record it is un fathomable why Adams is getting the vitiol he is from certain quarters. The last laugh will be on Micky Adams as he leads us to a play off place and Wembley final. I just hope he does not get so hacked off with the " supporters " he walks before he achieves this.

Get behind Adams today FFS.

Glad to see the medicine is working well but I fear they may have suggested slightly too high a dosage ?..... hope you are not combining your prescribed stuff with mainlined St. John's Wort ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not sure about this Superb manager bit, not set the world on fire throughout his career. Want him to succeed but at the moment it just doesn't look likely

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Brighton supporters like to moan too much. We have had such a great period of success from the foundation of Mickey Adams team building last time.
I can remember Mickeys first season last time around was very simular to this time.
Keep the Faith, success is going to come.

Has the squad improved?
Apparently, it has been bolstered by supposedly quality loan signings, and a couple of buys. They don't look like rubbish players, yet Adams can't seem to get anything out of them that will earn us more points.
So, the scouts are finding players - but if the team was filled with Renaldos and Gerrards we'd still be struggling.

Management? I'd think that would be where the buck rests. After-match talks don't seem to indicate that Adams is taking up the cause with full reality or culpability. His explanations always let drop a few hints at a lacking in his department, and the whitewash doesn't cover it.

Sorry, but I hate this situation in Albion history. Adams has been a good supporter for us since being a good manager for us - but I suspect that the right time for the right man was seen and gone, thanks to the unforgiving elbows of the board. That DW was offered and did not accept a secondary role with the club was telling enough, too - after he had brought the club forward as asked of him, in basically one full season.

It's ultimately down to the board, to rescue or own up to this current situation. The crowd figures will soon reflect what the fans think of it, I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here