Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Implore You All To Get Behind Our Superb Manager Micky Adams

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
talk about a one sided arguement us,can tell you didnt waste your time or money on one of our 3 trips up north over the last month

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Welcome back US !

You are absolutely right.

I was disappointed at a few games this season, including the last two up north this week, but I keep the faith because this manager believes in us even if some don't currently believe in him.

Swindon have just got rid of their manager and have you seen the list of same old names linked with that job? They are the sort of names who would come here if Mickey left. Who the FK would want any of them instead? And those who say they would rather have Dowie, Ward or the like would also be the first on here moaning when they didn't manage to get this team on a long unbeaten run.

So either stay at home and moan on here, or get down the Albion, Keep the Faith and support the lads

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We seem to have made a habit of having managers who just walk out on teams (not just the Albion) with the likes of Adams, McGhee, Coppell and Taylor...what happens when we get one who has no intention of leaving because he loves the club...ostracise him then drive him out!!!

Isn't that what makes football such an interesting, and at times irritating, game to follow?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Wouldnt mind betting that Crewe start winning now Mr Gradi has returned,in fact ive had a small wager to back up my thread unconnected ramble.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We seem to have made a habit of having managers who just walk out on teams (not just the Albion) with the likes of Adams, McGhee, Coppell and Taylor...what happens when we get one who has no intention of leaving because he loves the club...ostracise him then drive him out!!!

Isn't that what makes football such an interesting, and at times irritating, game to follow?

McGhee walked out on us ?. I must have missed that.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If the biggest stick you can beat him with is a lack of 'loyalty', then you may as well give up watching football now.

Adams is like almost everyone else in the professional game, or any career. It is his job. He does it to make a living - to do the best he can as an individual, and to win things for whoever happens to be his employer.

Does he care about the Albion? Actually, yes, I think he does - because it's a club that's treated him well, with a Chairman who, by all accounts, is good to work with and because our results are the yardstick of his abillities at this moment in time.

Does that mean he was wrong to walk out before? Absolutely not... he had an opportunity that may never have arisen again at a stage of his career where he was making great strides.

He may enjoy his achievements with the Albion a little more because he has an affection for the place (shown by his attendance at Falmer marches etc), but that wouldn't stop him moving on if a clearly better job came along. And why should it?

Not that I think it's an issue, because he gives every impression of wanting to be the man to finish what he started, and lead the club at Falmer... and it would take an extraordinary job offer to outweight that ambition.

Loyalty in the sense you mean is a fallacy created by fans..

The ONLY loyalty in football is the fan.

Trouble is a lot of people see him as the 'messiah'! Not blaming him for walking out to a 'better' job. But he has arrived back here, failing at these 'better' jobs. Then DK plucks him out of relative unemployment to do a 'job'.

I support him and think he's a nice guy, but was he just lucky last time he was here?

I guess time will tell.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Welcome back US , the fans need to get behind the team and help launch us back up the table where we deserve to be. The performance at Carlisle is history and MA has no doubt told the players that their knackers will be in the vice if they dont do the business today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
launch us back up the table where we deserve to be. .

Why do we deserve to be higher then? Play shit, for whatever reason, and you deserve to be struggling in the table. We have been for the most part shit, so we deserve nothing. How often can we even claim to have been unlucky? Once, maybe, at Hartlepool midweek, but there are those who were there who say it was a nailed on penalty, so we can't really claim to be where we are because we're unlucky. The manager and the players have not been good enough so far, we deserve to be where we are.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Last season we played shit for periods but still picked up the points , when the team play as one we are playing decent football and it only needs one or two players to underperform and it all goes tits up.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I can never understand why people criticise Managers for moving clubs. If I was working at Tesco as a shelf stacker, and I was offered the job of Deli Manger with an extra £10k a year or whatever, then I would snap the opportunity.
The same applies in football. If Adams was approached by another club, then it is down to the likes of DK to up his salary package, or see him go.
Things have changed. Times have changed. Pledging allegiance to football clubs is very rare nowadays. We all want more money, and to move on to bigger and better things. It gives us financial security and a better quality of life. Money I am afraid TALKS.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can never understand why people criticise Managers for moving clubs. If I was working at Tesco as a shelf stacker, and I was offered the job of Deli Manger with an extra £10k a year or whatever, then I would snap the opportunity.
The same applies in football. If Adams was approached by another club, then it is down to the likes of DK to up his salary package, or see him go.
Things have changed. Times have changed. Pledging allegiance to football clubs is very rare nowadays. We all want more money, and to move on to bigger and better things. It gives us financial security and a better quality of life. Money I am afraid TALKS.

I have no problem with all you have said above but he actively touted himself as being available for a better job and moaned abour "designer" managers getting the top jobs. Maybe he understands why now?

Try that in most jobs, in a senior position like his was, and I suggest they'd show you the door

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We will be in the top 6 by May.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Okey Dokey

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Woaaoh there Leslie.