Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Implore You All To Get Behind Our Superb Manager Micky Adams

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am incredulous , incredulous at the stick our manager, Micky Adams has been getting. Whats going on ?. We are around mid table in the league, had a decent cup run taking on Man City and Derby and holding our own and have a great chance of a Wembley final in the paint pot. The FA Cup was a dissapointment but hardly worth losing any sleep over.

I have already seen more entertainment at Withdean this season than the whole of last season, ie 3 games when BHAFC actually played well and entertained, Man City, Leicester, Millwall.

We have a great squad, I truely believe one of the best squads in this division and when the cogs and wheels start working in unison we are going to batter some teams. I predict in the 2nd half of this season we will be one of the top 3 teams in this league and will end up with a very strong challenge for the play offs. I think we will end up 5th or 6th come May.

Adams has brought in some great loanees, Thornton and Johnson should both be playing regular championship football, McLeod has potential but is a sick note, Savage was a tidy player and AnyAnswer I believe is a good addition to the squad. The jury is out on Hawkins lets be honest.

Elphick, Murray, Forster and Kuipers are all championship players, Sullivan shows great potential and the rest of the squad should hold their own at this level.

We have played this season under Adams 24 with 7 wins 10 draws and 7 losses, 37 for 36 against so why the panic ?, why the ridiculous calls for Adams head ?, why the dis loyalty to a manager who deserves far better from the supporters than this shit.

Looking at that record it is un fathomable why Adams is getting the vitiol he is from certain quarters. The last laugh will be on Micky Adams as he leads us to a play off place and Wembley final. I just hope he does not get so hacked off with the " supporters " he walks before he achieves this.

Get behind Adams today FFS.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Welcome, back US, I missed you (in a non homo sort of way).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I am incredulous , incredulous at the stick our manager, Micky Adams has been getting. Whats going on ?. We are around mid table in the league, had a decent cup run taking on Man City and Derby and holding our own and have a great chance of a Wembley final in the paint pot. The FA Cup was a dissapointment but hardly worth losing any sleep over.

I have already seen more entertainment at Withdean this season than the whole of last season, ie 3 games when BHAFC actually played well and entertained, Man City, Leicester, Millwall.

We have a great squad, I truely believe one of the best squads in this division and when the cogs and wheels start working in unison we are going to batter some teams. I predict in the 2nd half of this season we will be one of the top 3 teams in this league and will end up with a very strong challenge for the play offs. I think we will end up 5th or 6th come May.

Adams has brought in some great loanees, Thornton and Johnson should both be playing regular championship football, McLeod has potential but is a sick note, Savage was a tidy player and AnyAnswer I believe is a good addition to the squad. The jury is out on Hawkins lets be honest.

Elphick, Murray, Forster and Kuipers are all championship players, Sullivan shows great potential and the rest of the squad should hold their own at this level.

We have played this season under Adams 24 with 7 wins 10 draws and 7 losses, 37 for 36 against so why the panic ?, why the ridiculous calls for Adams head ?, why the dis loyalty to a manager who deserves far better from the supporters than this shit.

Looking at that record it is un fathomable why Adams is getting the vitiol he is from certain quarters. The last laugh will be on Micky Adams as he leads us to a play off place and Wembley final. I just hope he does not get so hacked off with the " supporters " he walks before he achieves this.

Get behind Adams today FFS.

So many holes in that I can't be bothered to fill them all in!

I'm not anti-Adams, but he has no real loyalty to this club, it's a wage packet.

You say he might walk? Well he's done it to us before, so it will be no surprise if he does it again.

As for BG's doom and gloom if he goes, there are better managers out there.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Welcome back U.S. the balance I think the Board has missed recently.

Ratso2004

Jun 1, 2004
Brighton
For what it's worth I agree with the OP, and that's as someone who has sat through most of the rubbish and missed both the Leicester and Millwall games.

:(

<slaps own forehead>

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Yes there are good managers out there, theres uhm Neil Warnock got a job, Kevin Blackwell got a job, uhm uhm??

We are allegedly still paying Wil;kins because we couldnt afford to pay him up in 1 lump sum so unless Micky walks we would have to pay him up monthly so we couldnt afford to go for a reasonable manager or even one as high profile as him so the likelhood is that we would settle for White, Booker & Hinshlewood for at least a month or so and I am sure that even the miost anti MA 'fan' would not wish that upon us. The other alternative is that we sack MA DW & BB then start all over again.

Have faith with our best squad out today, granted some are loans and for how long we dont know, but we could match anybody in this division

Who are some of those 'plenty of managers out there' please dont say Boothroyd, Cotterell or Holloway because there is no good in jumping out of the pan into the fire.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What has Adams done to prove that he is a 'superb' manager?

I think you may have extended this thread's life by about 3 pages with that one BOF

I won't be getting behind the Albion today but I will be getting behind the England rugby team. Inevitable defeat but will almost certainly be entertaining

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes there are good managers out there, theres uhm Neil Warnock got a job, Kevin Blackwell got a job, uhm uhm??

We are allegedly still paying Wil;kins because we couldnt afford to pay him up in 1 lump sum so unless Micky walks we would have to pay him up monthly so we couldnt afford to go for a reasonable manager or even one as high profile as him so the likelhood is that we would settle for White, Booker & Hinshlewood for at least a month or so and I am sure that even the miost anti MA 'fan' would not wish that upon us. The other alternative is that we sack MA DW & BB then start all over again.

Have faith with our best squad out today, granted some are loans and for how long we dont know, but we could match anybody in this division

Who are some of those 'plenty of managers out there' please dont say Boothroyd, Cotterell or Holloway because there is no good in jumping out of the pan into the fire.
Totally agree. I think appointing Adams was a backward step, but the WORST thing we could do is sack him now. Firstly, as you say, who is going to replace him? If Capello is going to quit England and come to us, well, yes then Adams out! Failing that the people who might be interested in managing a bog-standard third division club are really no better or worse than what we've already got. Yes we could get lucky - or we could end up worse off than we are now.

Plus as a secondary factor we'd get a reputation as a trigger-happy club who panic and fire the manager when he doesn't deliver instant success. Consequently if we DO get a decent one he'll be off the moment he achieves anything as he knows that an indifferent run of results (let alone total failure) will get him the sack.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Thing is, thats what should have happened this summer, just replacing the initials MA with the other DW.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I'll get behind the team as normal but I would appreciate some of the drugs you are on to help me through the next 90 minutes please.

Thank you Richie, I have been unable to position myself in either of the Adam's in or Adam's out brigade but you statement seems to sum my feelings up completely.

Its been putting me through hours of mental unrest, dont u know:ascarf::ascarf:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There are plenty of people behind Mickey Adams, the only problem is that they are fighting over a rather large knife!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So many holes in that I can't be bothered to fill them all in!

I'm not anti-Adams, but he has no real loyalty to this club, it's a wage packet.

You say he might walk? Well he's done it to us before, so it will be no surprise if he does it again.

If the biggest stick you can beat him with is a lack of 'loyalty', then you may as well give up watching football now.

Adams is like almost everyone else in the professional game, or any career. It is his job. He does it to make a living - to do the best he can as an individual, and to win things for whoever happens to be his employer.

Does he care about the Albion? Actually, yes, I think he does - because it's a club that's treated him well, with a Chairman who, by all accounts, is good to work with and because our results are the yardstick of his abillities at this moment in time.

Does that mean he was wrong to walk out before? Absolutely not... he had an opportunity that may never have arisen again at a stage of his career where he was making great strides.

He may enjoy his achievements with the Albion a little more because he has an affection for the place (shown by his attendance at Falmer marches etc), but that wouldn't stop him moving on if a clearly better job came along. And why should it?

Not that I think it's an issue, because he gives every impression of wanting to be the man to finish what he started, and lead the club at Falmer... and it would take an extraordinary job offer to outweight that ambition.

Loyalty in the sense you mean is a fallacy created by fans..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here