Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope after last night no one is discouraged….

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because the Millwall fans want to go to the Notting Hill Carnival on Saturday.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
....from going on Friday night?
I was due to be travelling up with five fellow Croydonians, now all but one is claiming to be busy! Bloody cowards.

Is anyone not going because of last night?

It's not last night that discouraged me, it was 0-1 7-1 2-4 that has done that.

Last night wouldn't in the least bit stop me going to the New Den, let's face it, the place is full of kids who make us laugh. They're not scary any more. The people involved last night are probably all banned from home games anyway.

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
I'm still going....If I can find someone to go with.

My mate who I was supposed to be going with has suddenly realised he has work commitments friday evening. :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
What are the club going to do ?

The Club(s) have Police Liason officers I believe. If there are people planning violence, and the poster who noted it knows who said it, does that not count as inteligence that the club could forward to the relevent Police authorities, to try and avoid any unpleasentness on Friday? Whether it is passed to Brighton or Millwall, I am sure they would make sure the relevent force got the details, especially if it meant the Police could interview the people who passed this information on and possibly prevent any scenes like we had last night.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Only time I've ever had trouble at a football matching was West Ham and that was in the north stand at the Goldstone. I'll still be going - will be a good game and I want to be able to say I saw our first win of the promotion season (hehe)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Club(s) have Police Liason officers I believe. If there are people planning violence, and the poster who noted it knows who said it, does that not count as inteligence that the club could forward to the relevent Police authorities, to try and avoid any unpleasentness on Friday? Whether it is passed to Brighton or Millwall, I am sure they would make sure the relevent force got the details, especially if it meant the Police could interview the people who passed this information on and possibly prevent any scenes like we had last night.

I think they'll already have this in hand tbh. The entire media is already in full-blown, 6th gear hooligan-alert OVERDRIVE as it is. The police will already know the troublemakers, and security will be just as high if not higher around there on Friday. Someone contacting the club saying "a Millwall hooli is planning some violence on Friday" is hardly going to set new alarm bells ringing is it.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Funny though i was watching I.D last night unbeknown to me what was unfolding at Westham.

Shadwell V Wapping come on the Dogs!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Someone contacting the club saying "a Millwall hooli is planning some violence on Friday" is hardly going to set new alarm bells ringing is it.

Totally agree Easy, but the real point I was trying to make, is that the person who offered this info made it clear he knew the people who had told him this, which might be a bit more useful in an investigation. Let's face it, the OB didn't seem to have a lot of intelligence last night.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Totally agree Easy, but the real point I was trying to make, is that the person who offered this info made it clear he knew the people who had told him this, which might be a bit more useful in an investigation. Let's face it, the OB didn't seem to have a lot of intelligence last night.

Maybe.
But I just can't help feeling some people are getting into a bit of a flap over all this. We've had numerous totally uneventful trips to Millwall in the past, why should this one be any different ? They don't care about Brighton any more than we do about them. Course there's always some Billy Big Bollocks gobbing off about something or other, and off the back of last night maybe someone has got a little bit over-excited about the next game. But the only action on Friday night will be in our penalty area, and in the back of our net. Betcha.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Will still be there! As people have said, there was always going to be trouble in that game and noone was suprised when there was. We are nothing to Millwall, and the game will be well policed after last nights goings on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here